2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
Improvements and towing
By Gene on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I tried to find a backup camera with no results, If toyota would retrofit the 2007 for a reasonable cost it would be great. They need to do something about the noise when you open the rear windows, the vehicle make a noise that is extremely hard on the ears.

Love my Yota
By Phyllis Conrad on 09/26/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

This is my first experience with a hybrid and I was somewhat apprehensive. My first year has been a wonderful experience. I did need to adjust some of my driving habits. My determination for decent gas mileage keeps me on my toes and attuned to the workings of the hybrid motor. So far I am very pleased and would go hybrid again.

Highlander 2wd
By gracie on 08/12/07 15:18 PM (PDT)

Purchased at dealer in MD. Drove 315 miles home. 1/3 interstate @ 70 mph 27 mpg and 2/3 country roads @ 55 mph 30 mpg. Since city/ highway 29 mpg and interstate 70 mph 28 mpg. Good ride and acceleration. Looking to tow 2500lb boat.

Quick, efficient & comfortable car
By M. J. McCloskey on 05/03/07 16:08 PM (PDT)

I've had my HH Limited w/nav for about a month. Very good build quality, comfortable, quiet and quick w/good MPG. Getting nearly 30 mpg combined. Like that the ICE runs only when necessary saving fuel. The stealth styling blends in but surprises other drivers when I press the go pedal - car moves out very smartly!

Content
By 1st Time Toyota on 02/28/07 15:18 PM (PST)

I'm pretty content with the HiHy limited. Our gas mileage is around 26.5 city, and 28 highway. Short trips seem to reduce the MPG. Wife loves the nav, SUV visibility, and fuel savings. I like the torque. The captains chair armrest is not very comfortable - it needs more padding. Also, we have to take ours in for a speaker wiring issue. Being car based, the SUV feels light and nimble, unlike others we test drove that were more body on frame based.

Surprised by the quality
By Frank on 12/20/06 14:48 PM (PST)

I just purchased my 2007 Highlander, and have had it for about a month now. I'm blown away by the quality and ease of use of the navigation system and the overall feel of the Highlander. In the city I'm averaging 29-31 mpg, with 27 mpg on the highway. I'm not a lead foot by any means but It has much more power than I thought. I love my Highlander, and do not plan on letting it go before I put 100-200 thousand miles on it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.