2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:
A very useful Ute
By AWS on 09/07/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Outstanding performance, will tow my boat. The Hybrid features make sense for me. I have dreamed of a system that preserves the investment I make in kinetic energy (mass times velocity squared) into potential energy to reuse. Perfect.

"Gypsy"
By Rich on 08/30/05 19:58 PM (PDT)

This car has it all. We call the "GPS" lady "Gypsy." Gypsy gets us anywhere. This car is space age, and built like a tank. It is so solid and smooth as silk to drive. Everything is easy to access, especially the convertibility of the cargo area. Everything fits! We will have this car forever. We feel very special to own such a vehicle. Keep up the good work Toyota engineers.

Love this Hybrid!
By Chris on 08/30/05 15:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very well rounded vehicle & fun to drive. I put 1000 miles on this car in the 1st week and it saves me $10 /week on gas versus my old car.

A little disappointed
By faith on 08/25/05 19:34 PM (PDT)

I was one of the first people in Texas to take delivery of the new hybrid, at a hefty price, I might add. I love the vehicle itself; however, I am very disappointed in the gas mileage I am getting. Toyota advertises 33 city and 28 highway mpg. I have not taken the vehicle on any road trips yet but, I am only getting 22.7 mpg in town. Granted, I was only getting 11 mpg in my previous SUV and therefore have actually doubled my gas mileage. But, I have also increased my payment by 50%. I don't know that it is worth it. I could have bought a gas powered Highlander for $10,000 less and get comparable gas mileage.

So far...So good
By Gus on 08/25/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I must say i like it a lot! Comfortable, easy to drive, and fun. The price is a little hefty... hoping to get a rebate back from Uncle Sam!! I can't believe it's on sometimes! So quiet. The only complain is the sun-roof... Can't tell if it's completelly closed all the way sometimes. Other than that, My family really likes it! Maybe I will buy the Lexus 400h also :).

Great auto
By boyblue on 08/25/05 00:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have driven 1000 miles am getting 26 mpg, probably lower because of constant air conditioner. Smooth as silk and quiet, can't ever hear the engine. Love the looks of the blue one. A classy car that shows that we could become independent of oil producers with further development of technologies.

hybrid doesn't = 30+mpg
By ken on 08/24/05 15:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle is comfortable, reliable, has decent power, pick-up and performance. However, even without exceeding 60 mph om the highway, I only get around 26-28 mpg, not the 33-35 shown on the sticker. Still, I am very pleased with the purchase.

Too Little of a good thing
By Jon on 08/17/05 07:11 AM (PDT)

I went to test drive the Hybrid Highlander, all the glowing reviews are well deserved. It was a little creepy sitting at a stoplight with a silent engine. Overall the Highlander hybrid is a very well built car. However, I am six foot four and the leg room in the drivers side is too small. I kept hitting my shin on the emergency brake pedal. Therefore, I deferred my purchase until the time Toyota is considerate enough to built a hybrid for a person over five foot five.

Great SUV
By bmore on 08/16/05 22:53 PM (PDT)

I have been extremely pleased with my purchase. The vehicle accelerates wonderfully. I have been averaging 25- 26 mpg (mostly highway and AC on 100%). Which is a great thing since gas prices are hitting close to $3. I do wish it had power locks. The Nav package is very nice.

Toyota Highlander Hybrid
By roger on 08/07/05 11:17 AM (PDT)

Fun to drive and great gas mileage for an SUV. Pick up and acceleration unmatched. Hybrids are the future. A must test drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.