2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Hail to the "Launch Ramp"...
By Azrael on 09/24/08 01:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I originally wanted an RSX, but, after the test drive, it left something to be desired. It wasn't fast enough. I noticed this car across the lot, and I was immediately drawn to it. This car is so fun to drive! I am averaging around 30 mpg mixed, and the cabin is uber quiet. Freeway on-ramps are now known to me and my family as "launch ramps". One of the only things I don't like about it is the spoiler. Who thought that putting the spoiler across the CENTER of the field of vision was a good idea?!

Great car
By toyfan on 02/09/07 06:50 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Way better handling , performance than previous gen Celica, plus better fuel economy even though its driven enthusiastically. Great job by Toyota, was hard to locate one with ABS. So far has been trouble free, seems like it will go forever.

Last of a dying breed
By Scotty on 05/18/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2004 Celica GT-S with action package is an incredibly stylish and fun ride. The only downsides are that it requires 93 octane Premium gas and has a fairly utilitarian interior. As far as 4 cylinder nonturbo coupes go, you cant beat a Celica for fun driving and quick thrills. The prices that Toyotas go for always reflect their longer lifespan and higher resale value. GT-S models feature Lift, similar to Honda V-Tec system -- with a second head kicking in at 6800 rpm for a quick turbo like boost to redline.

My opinion
By boston boy on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

i like pretty much everything about my celica it has the power and control i like while still having the safety controls that are needed.

Efficient Performance
By Dennis Jacobson on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is the car for you if you value performance and economomy/efficiency. My previous car was a Mark II MR2 and I loved it. This car has similar performance but it is more civilized in everyday use on the highway. It is comfortable, quiet and very fast in day to day use. I would not hesitate to take it on a long trip yet I enjoy the excitement every time I get into it.

GTS THE BEST!
By nasaracer on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

drove the acura rsx type s . The GTS is WAAAAAAY better!

I think I've had enough
By toyotagearhead on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I only bought this car because I needed to drive something. My old Celica got totaled. It is a decent car, however, the exterior design got old real fast. I wish I would have bought a 94 to 99 Celica or waited to see if a new design is going to come out anytime soon.