Used 2012 Toyota Camry XLE Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car Need Better Leg Room in Front
By jnealy87

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

purchased this car certified used with lifetime engine warranty and everything is so far great and have only one issue and its mostly due to me being 6'3 and my legs are quite long and during travel 10- 20 mins ride is cool but once I try to ride for 30 to 1 hour of driving my legs starts to hurt due to no resting area for legs and hands also starts hurting due to Constance input to the steering wheel the car drifts left to right when on high ways and its tough to keep it straight and that's due to the electronic steering that Toyota now places on the camry and that's a big issue for long driving periods other that those to faults everything is great love all the features including the blind spot monitor and its work it just miss all the rear feature that the 2007-2011 had that was great rear sun shade and reclining rear seats and adjustable heat rests that was hot but now the cut it all out but its a great car I have 71,000 miles on it and have no issues with engine or transmission so everything is great

My Camry
By Rich Wein

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Loved Our 2012 Camry SE Until...
By Mrs. Juli Turner

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We loved our Toyota Camry SE 2012 until this year (2015) when I happened to loose my keyless entry fob. The cost is approximately $500.00 to replace the keyless entry fob including the laser cut blade that inserts into the fob. We checked with other dealerships in our state (Connecticut) and found the cost was about the same. I feel this is OUTRAGEOUS! We were never told about this exorbitant cost of the keyless entry fob replacement when we bought the car. Buyer beware! People often loose their car keys. If they have a keyless entry system, it will be about $500 every time they do. I hope to see some consumer backlash about this issue. We will NEVER buy a car with a keyless entry system again.

Dim headlights
By mozart2012xle

just got
new 2012 camry xle -v6.
I'm
very disappointed with the headlights, they appear bright when you look at them, not as bright as my 2005 camry . I even brought a set of after market bulbs sylvania utra they also appear to be very bright when you look at them but from the drivers seat they do not light up the roadway as i believe they should. drove 35 miles the other night with the high beams on all the way and not one on coming driver flashed their lights back at me. in my05 i have had people flash their lights at me when i just had on low beams.
took the car back to the toyota body shop guy checked the headlight adjusted them
still to dim, looks like i'll be doing less night driving

smooth v-6 engine great power

the center vents on the dash cannot be closed completely, like the end ones. have climate control and cold air blows out in the winter once the tempture heat setting is reach 72-75degrees, the car rides alot rougher/stiffter and is alot noiser inside while driving compared to my 2005 camry why ???? headlights to dim!!!!!!! seats not as wide or as comfortable as my 2005. do not like the engine tempeture sliding bar graph. what was wrong with the old style needle type? If i would have driven this car at night or more further than around the block i would not have brought it. my2005 is a better car than the 2012 in many ways , looks like my wife will have to drive this buckboard.

GREAT CAR!
By labman4

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have just over 3k miles on my camry. Overall this is a great car. I traded in my 2010 highlander limited on this vehicle.Although i went down in price point, this car is just as nice.Has a few more features than my Highlander ie. lane departure warning system and pandora.Mpg is about 30 if i keep my foot out of it. The power is what most surprised me out of a V6. The previous reviewer did not like the seats, but I
like them better than the highlander which had almost "0" bolster support. You won't go wrong with this car!

Redisigned dash is great!