A good car
By cherry-kun on
2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
My parents bought this car certified/used at around 30,000 miles or so because I needed a car for college. As a car enthusiast I was disappointed at first for not getting a sportier car but having this car for a while made me like it, because I rarely had any problems with it. So far after driving this car for about two years the only problem I had was an engine check light coming on, which turned out to be false, I believe. The standard stereo sounds all right. Highway ride had some noticeable tire noise when I had Potenzas but was better when I swtiched to some Michelin Pilots. Overall in many respects a pleasurable car to own.
Favorite Features
Relatively smooth ride. Good, if somewhat dull, ergonomic controls. Was surprised by the 0-40 pickup and the adequate passing on the highway for this size V4. And of course I really like the reliability.
Suggested Improvements
Once in a while it's easy to put the high-beam on instead of the turn signal sometimes. Also the car rolls quite excessively when I take corners at high- speeds. Seats get a little uncomfortable when I drive for more than an hour and a half (I'm 6') but are good otherwise.