2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )
At 75,000 miles and Running Great
By chris_s_2010 on 04/11/13 06:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2010 Camry Hybrid (used) a bit more than a year ago. It's running well and hasn't given me any problems. I put on about 15,000 miles in that time including a drive from Toronto to Florida and back. One of the key things that attracted me to it originally was the interior room. I am 6'4" and my son is 6'6". We tried a lot of mid-size cars and this was the best for space (except for the trunk!). The electric driver's seat is a big bonus for tall drivers. We got over 40 mpg on the Florida trip without too much effort. It has a lot of technology in it but it all seems to work well. It isn't intended to be sporty but as a comfortable car it works well.

1 year- 40mpg
By atomicalex7 on 06/22/11 13:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for about one year now. I previously had a buick century, but before that I had a 1993 camry with 190,000 miles. This car drives just like the 93. I have 20,000 miles on the TCH and I love it. It has lots of power and room. The only thing I dont like is when you put your hand on the driverside handle to unlock it, only the driver door unlocks. Also, I can drive up to 42mph on electric only. At 85mph, it doesnt sound like the car is on or moving. I love it and will get anotherone when this one goes.

Unassuming overachiever
By Mark on 06/06/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I visited California and rented a Camry hybrid. I am not a stranger to hybrids, I drive a '06 highlander hybrid and I used to have a '07 civic hybrid. The Honda was a piece of joke, a toy car, I later traded it for a real usable car, a Subaru outback. Back to the Camry hybrid, it was a nice surprise, the ride is very refined, very smooth, very quite, and road impacts nicely are flattened. Driving 80 mph feels like 50 mph. I expected that my 4 large travel luggage and a stroller not to fit the trunk since all my stuff barely fit in my Subaru outback when I left New York. To my amazement all my luggage and the stroller fit the trunk. Usage mileage 38 MPG better than civic hybrid.

So far, so good.
By Lee on 05/28/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my 2003 Camry LE for the 2010 TCH. The 2003 was very quiet and smooth but the 2010 TCH beats it hands down. Love the Bluetooth and the upgraded audio. Fuel economy is exactly what I've expected. According to the onboard computer, I averaged 34.1 mpg on my 1st tank of gas but I suspected that the tank was not 100% full. The 2nd tank of gas confirmed my suspicion as I averaged 38.5, according to the onboard computer and 38.7 according to my manual calculation. I expect the number will continue to improve as I learn to drive the car more efficiently.

Glad to be back in a Toyota
By Ed on 05/13/10 23:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my Olds Bravada last month for a TCH. It is a little odd to drive at first. VERY quiet. I took it from Seattle to Montana last week (about 1300 miles round trip). We averaged 35.6 mpg freeway driving on 4 mountain passes. The speedometer turns blue when you are being fuel efficient. I thought it was pretty gimmicky, however I found myself changing my driving habits to increase my mileage - so I guess it worked.

Pleasantly surprised
By Bo on 05/12/10 01:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am 6'4 and I've always had a problem finding a roomy car with good fuel economy. My choices have been limited to roomy-gas guzzling SUVs and too cramped gas sipping compacts and mid size sedans. I debated between the Altima Hybrid, Jetta TDI and the TCH. The Jetta was still cramped for me and the Altima Hybrid being a TCH in Nissan clothing, I opted for the original.I've had it for two months now and really enjoy it. It is exactly what I was looking for in a car and I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Wow what a car!
By Gary on 05/03/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just got 2010 TCH in April. Already know this is the finest vehicle I have ever owned. Traded 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid. Liked that car also but it is a truck compared to this one. Super ride and it is extremely quiet. Acceleration will put you back into your seat. Averaging 36 mpg. Civic only got 30.Leather seats are extremely comfortable. Put you music on a USB memory stick and throw away your MP3 player. Bluetooth works great on the phone. Look at the rear fender wells. They are felt lined to keep noise down.

Excellent, good to be back in a Camry
By Bryce-Long Beach on 05/01/10 00:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Always had Camrys, briefly went to KIA (it was o.k.), now back to Camry. This is a great car!

Excellent all-round car
By sam on 04/26/10 18:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this car after comparing this long and hard with the Fusion Hybrid, Acura TSX, and a pre-owned Lexus ES 350 in the same price range. It is on par with the Fusion with regards to the 'ride' quality, handling (fusion is a wee bit better) and fuel economy. However, when comparing the 'top of the line' versions, the fully optioned Camry beats a similarly equipped Fusion hybrid in interior build quality, hands down. The Camry is also a bit softer and quieter (On par with the ES 350). The only issue with the Camry is the 'image' factor - If this is something that's important to you. Just don't expect your buddies to ask you for a test drive anytime soon!!!

First Toyota, First Hybrid
By RER on 04/03/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just past the break-in period of approx. 1000 miles, all driven in Washington,DC-Northern VA rush hour traffic. Equipped with NAV, leather seats, moon roof, convenience package. After 1 month and 1,000 miles I must say that I love this car. I was concerned about power, but the car has plenty of power and is just fine in rush hour traffic changing lanes, merging, etc., in some of what must be the worst traffic in the nation. When bogged down in slow moving traffic, the engine cuts off and electric power takes over. I look at display and just smile. The interior design is quite good as is the fit and finish. Have not had any problems to return to dealer for. Prev had an '03 Acura CL-S 6cyl

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$122 per month*