Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

New Avalon is Outstanding!
By Karen

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new Avalon is outstanding! It's our 2nd in a row, third Toyota & it's over the top! It rides like butter on a hot roll. The new look is so elegant, new safety feature in brakes just adds to it being a car we have always felt extremely safe in. It is roomier inside, back seats recline, the dash is all push button, hidden controls & the new colors are beautiful with the leather seats. It has awesome acceleration & smoothest ride. Our last Avalon of 6 yrs was still like brand new, other than basic maintenance, oil changes, new battery & tires, we never had it in the shop. Toyotas are outstanding cars, & get great gas milage. We'll always have an Avalon, we come from an all Toyota family.

The automatic garage door opener on the rear view mirror, no more remote on the visor, just push a button to program up to 3 remote controled doors. Love radio & temp controls on the steering wheel, multiple speakers all around the car, air bags everywhere, every angle, air cond vent in back seat.

2 things. Lumbar support was added to drivers seat which is great, but not the front passengers seat. Huge oversight that needs to be corrected. Compartment between 2 front seats s/b divided in 2 sections, w/latch for a sm top section. Even our Chevy Colorado truck has both these features.

Great car
By rcbuck

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove this from FL to NH just after purchasing. Found the auto to be comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I had read reviews that mentioned soft ride and floating. I found that his car stayed fixed on the road as well as my BMW 325I.

Have GPS on this vehicle and love it as I am a person who is always asking where are we now.

None that I can think of.

Best bang for your buck
By Str8

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 03 Mercedes Benz for this car. This car has more room, more options, better gas mileage and it cost less that the Mercedes. You simply get more car for the money.

Push button start.

Improve the key board on the navigation system. It is hard to type the words.

The best underground vehicle
By Yo Gotti

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had it for about a year and when I first got it I wasn't expecting it to have as much of horsepower as it has. I've gone to Atlanta a couple of times and used the navigation all the way and I got to were I needed to be with no problem. Atlanta is about 372 miles from where I live and it took about two hours and forty five minutes.

The navigation and sirius radio. I can't forget about the inside which sits like a BMW 7-series. I also got the windows tinted which makes the car look better since I bought it with black mettalic paint. The way you can go from auto to manual is with the clutch is a shifters dream.

The next model they come out with should come with 20" inch rims stocked and a little more horsepower.

SO FAR SO GOOD
By karen nelson

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has it all. Easy to drive, comfortable and appears to have all the safety features plus some. No problems here.

Big screen where I can read everthing. 7 airbags or 6, comfy. AC works great. easy driving, quiet car.

none right now.