Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Very nice car
By pc

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Avalon for a month now and I am very pleased. One minor trim problem (faux wood piece in door not seated properly), which I'm surprised was not caught at the factory. Very roomy, which was a priority in my purchase decision. Transmission takes a little getting used to and can be hesitant on occasion but not something that would change my original decision. Power is more than adequate and a nice, smooth ride. I'm hoping my Toyota wears as well as most others I've heard about. If you want a roomy, full size car, this is the one!

Favorite Features

Interior size (particularly in rear), quietness, and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could be tweaked to eliminate occassional hesitation

My Avalon - Best car I've ever owned
By RICHARD

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are very pleased with the car. The Avalon is definitely a "geezer" car, but that's okay since we geezers have more sense about the important aspects of car ownership. The interior is about as roomy as a large car and just as comfortable. The car's engine is quite responsive and quiet and economical to run. I would recommend the car to anyone looking for a car of this variety.

Favorite Features

Strong engine, good looks, no need to use a key, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Provide power passenger seat as versatile as the driver's seat

Good Value
By Matt Desmond

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car has great pick up. Electronic control layout is very good. Comfortable ride. Interior is very nice. Steering is not as responsive as my last car, Lincoln LS.Very good gas mileage. Runs well on regular unleaded.

Favorite Features

Interior look. Pick up. Gas mileage- in mixed driving 25 MPG. Highway between 28 and 30 MPG

Suggested Improvements

Steering should be more responsive.

Avalon = Pain
By Uncomfortable car

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was duped by its performance. Once the honeymoon was over, the pain started. This car is large in every dimension except one: the room for the driver!! The console restricts the available leg room. The pedals are oddly spaced causing you to have to twist your foot at an odd angle in order to depress the accelerator. The driverís seating position is terrible. The seat cushion is like sitting on a 2 by 4: No comfort whatsoever!! There is no lateral support for your thighs. I have driven this vehicle for over 13000 miles to date and have yet to find a comfortable driving position. Save yourself the pain. Buy a different car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

A total redesign of the driver's seating position, pedal location and steering adjustment.

Great Car - Very Happy Big Guy
By Steve

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've put over 12,000 miles on my new 06 XLS since Feb 1, and I couldn't be happier. Great ride, performance and mileage have made this the BEST car I've ever owned. I believe this car is the best value on the road. Luxury amenities and ride for a modest price. I'm 6'3", and can sit comfortably in rear seats with the front seats fully back. Short drives around town or long road trips, my Avalon makes driving a pleasure. One warning! It drives so well and cruises so smoothly, I got the first speeding ticket I've had in 26 years (72 in a 55). It felt like I was going 60. The policeman, while giving me the ticket, commented on how much he liked my ride! Buy this car & enjoy!

Favorite Features

Interior space is incredible. Dashboard is well designed... sleek but convenient. Upgrade to the upper end sound system... it sounds GREAT!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission shifting is a bit jerky in colder weather start ups, but smooths out quickly. Needs change holders.