2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
First Time Buyer of Non-American
By quilter on 11/03/05 15:56 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I debated whether to go with the Ford 500 or this. After driving both, there was no comparison, and although the XLS was significantly higher, I am glad I bought it. I have been a Ford/American car buyer for 35 years, and thought I would never change. But this car is super.

Blechhhhhh
By B.B.Q. Houston on 11/03/05 15:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Poooooor quality. Tailpipes off, engine growls and transmission problems from day one. It's been in and out of dealer for two months!!! My wife hates the seats in front. She says they are very uncomfortable. Plus, Toyota won't fix the darn transmission. They and dealer give me the runaround. Never again.

Bad reliability!
By Wayne L. Nelson on 11/01/05 21:12 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a lemon! This thing has had problems both inside and out. The engine has had stalling problems. The seats are terrible and I've had trim pieces falling off. Very poor.

My new Avalon Limited
By Kathy from NCarolina on 10/30/05 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm finding it a very fun car to drive. Mine is all tricked out with Laser Cruise, and voice DVD navigation, VSC, 6 disc CD changer.

Luxury pocket rocket!
By gunnerjo on 10/29/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the Mercedes 300, BMW 5 series, and the Lexus for my next car. I couldn't justify the pricing points of the German ubervehicles with the amentities they offered and, being in the mountains of New Mexico, was uncertain of the service quality I could expect. I looked at the Avalon on the way to the Lexus dealer and that, as the song says, '. . .was all she wrote. I chose the Touring model for its firmer ride, larger tires, and different shift points and haven't been disappointed. It is simply awesome to take a 35 mph mountain switchback at 60+. And to arrive at your destination without the usual aches, stiffness, and tingling nether regions.

Everything you need...
By Chuck on 10/28/05 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has everything you need, and not much you don't. It is smooth, quiet, responsive, and has the little extras that make it a pleasure to drive. As with any car, you can find faults, but Toyota hit its mark integrating the elements of an expensive lexus in a reasonably priced package. Drivers will need to take a little time to learn the navigation system and make the adjustments for seats, lights, etc., but after that, it's a quiet comfortable ride in a well- handling car with power when you need it.

Looks like a great car.
By Bill R. on 10/28/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Now have 6K miles on it, but battery failed at 1500 miles leaving me stranded (that's why the low reliability score). Outside of that I am very satisfied with the car. Only complaint is that the car has HID headlights but only on low beam, and high beam is very poor. My previous car was Nissan Maxima (04) which had terrific HID lights and it spoiled me.

Best kept secret in luxury sedans
By jwoodruff on 10/27/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Toyota in the past 2 years. All have been extremely dependable, just routine oil changes, get great gas mileage, and I think, some of the best looking cars on the road. Also, the interiors of all the cars are beautiful and functional. This is an important part of my car buying requirements. I'm a true blue American, but nobody beats the quality of the Toyota products.

Luxury at an affordable price!
By Len_1 on 10/24/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've traded my 2003 Nissan Murano AWD and thanks to the Avalon, the transition was smooth. My peers enjoy the riding comfort and options you get for the price.

Dream Car Review
By Frank on 10/21/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first automobile that I have ever owned that exceeded all of my expectations. It is a real pleasure to drive. The ride is smooth, no wind noise, the power is awesome, road noise is very low, and the interior is great looking. Gas mileage is great for a car with 280 horsepower. Interior room is more than adequate, and the seats are very comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.