2006 Toyota Avalon Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Avalon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Sort Reviews by

great car but engine questions
By edmundscars5

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Engine is the only questions. 60,000 miles and a valve spring busted. this was in 2012 and cost $3,400 to fix. Now in December 2014 with 81,000 miles it's a leak in the timing cover, the oil pan, and the rack and pinion. Estimate cost to all is about $3,580. At some point you lose trust in a car. Everything else about the car has been great.

Favorite Features

Auto cruise. Auto window wipers. Heated/Cooled seats. Passenger temp controls. The ride is the best.

Broken Front Coil Spring
By sonnyjames

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Avalon hit a small dip in the road and the right front coil spring snapped (thankfully at the very bottom) . I removed the broken part and was disappointed to find out it is a very light weight spring and looks like & feels like it was made out of pot metal. And my Platinum Extended Warranty (that I never used and cost me an extra 1K) is over the time limit. Car has 94K and we bought it new. As far as Toyota Service goes they have been a disappointment , they try and get a person to have expensive un-needed work done on their vehicles . I will call Toyota in the A:M and plead my case. Anyone else have this happen? if not beware these coil springs are junk.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage , Quiet Engine , Smooth Ride , Unbeatable acceleration, Visibility makes this car very safe , Airbags everywhere , Cons - Leather is poor quality , Front seats are average at best in comfort - the previous version of the Avalon where unbelievable in comfort , Shifting hesitations , paint could be of better quality

Cracks in Dash
By tacojoe1

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the dash on my 2006 Avalon. It has started to have hairline cracks everywhere. The car has 68000 miles and has always been garage kept. I went on the internet and found that many people have had the same problem. Toyota refuses to acknowledge the defect. I think that people should be made aware that this happens.

Best Car ever in the last 12 years
By robertverma

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car can easily beat many of the luxury cars in style, performance, comfort and features. I bought it used and will be driving it until many years to come. The only drawback I find is that it doesn't have iPod Jack which I'm going to have installed. Every time I drive the car, I appreciate it even more then last time. Fuel economy is unbelievable, it gives me 30+ on the highways. I'm a car lover and even though its not really a driver's car but I'm willing to compensate only that part with everything else in the car. The rear seat room is like a limousine and it even reclines. I am never worried about the repair costs, its like driving a German car with no maintenance

We LOVE our NEW USED Avalon
By toofdr3

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have always had great experiences with Toyota Avalons. My husband drove our last Avalon for years with minimal service required. We recently just purchased another used Avalon 2006 Limited without any hesitation. High quality, affordable, and it was nice to know that the value of the car did not depreciate as soon as we drove it off the lot (like other brands).

Great vehicle
By MICHAEL RUSTICH

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only taken a couple of trips of a couple 100 miles or more. Mostly in town driving. Easy and secure veh to drive. Never had any brake or acceleration problems with veh. I would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Comfort and interior space. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior design a little 'old'.

Disappointed with Steering Problem
By Disappointed in MD

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car in early 2006. I now have 60,000 miles and I am experiencing problems with my steering. I have taken it back to the dealership several times for the steering sticking when turning left but they informed me that they can not find anything wrong. I am very disappointed with Toyota and see that many others are experiencing the same problem. My hope is that I will not experience the same problem that others are experiencing with the oil leak. Unless Toyota steps up and own up to fixing the legitimate repairs, I will never buy another Toyota. I am currently getting the runaround. Even though I have the extended warranty, Toyota is trying to get around fixing my problem.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, good gas mileage, roomy interior and trunk

Suggested Improvements

More user friendly navigation system. Better paint -- paint chips easily,

Great Car!
By Brian Con

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased it new based on the value for the money, safety and comfort. Did not order the nav or the laser cruise control which appears to be a smart move. White metallic paint with the light grey leather looks great. Add the factory mudflaps which will keep the sides of the car clean. No repairs of any kind until the recent rash of recalls. Transmission can seem "funky" once in a while? I believe that the Touring model has a less "soft" ride for more spirited driving dynamics but I did not like the black interior. Great road car! 4k mile drive out west and got +30 mpg at 80+++ all day long. We are in our 40's not 70's and we enjoy the car very much. We are keeping the car long-term.

Favorite Features

Heated & cooled seats. Economy-we get great mpg. Safe feel of the car, lots of airbags. Sound system is amazing! Our car is very quiet. The auto locks and push button start are nice features. Comfortable ride and seats with lots of adjustments. Vehicle stability control in the winter is great!

Suggested Improvements

Mute button on the wheel! Better placement of the power outlet. A slightly firmer ride on the non- Touring models. More durable paint-to many stone chips on the front. #1-get the "Passenger Airbag light" to turn off on the dash when the seat is occupied! A hand brake instead of a foot brake.

Oil leak...Just happened
By avalon girl

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got ready to drive away from driveway and looked back to see all the oil drained out of my car. It's Sunday and will have to wait until tomorrow to see what the dealership will do for me. Out of warranty and hope the recall will cover repair. Wish me luck!

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, ride, power

Suggested Improvements

Fix navigation so it can be used by passenger while being driven.

Outstanding for the money.
By Bill DiGrezio

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has beat every luxury car I have owned---BMW-Jaguar-Cadillac. It beats all in quality and comfort. Style could be a bit better but for the money the car is super. It is priced at a much lower price that the Lexus but has all the features of the top of the line Lexus. Highly recommend unless you are willing to spend $15-20K more for upgraded style.

Favorite Features

Comfort-room inside in front and back-luxury features for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Styling could be a bit more up-dated