Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Car with character
By B Hammer

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Runs well, sharp design and comfortable ride. This car is reliable, strong and a pleasure to own. best car I've ever owned. It's a winner!

Should come with rain guards standard.

Vehicle performance and comfort
By Edwin G Westman

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Since I purchased this vehicle back in Nov 99, I have never had a serious problem with the vehicle. I service it according to the manufacturers book, not the dealers. Vehicle runs smooth and quiet. Seat comfort is great. Have a small back problem and my previous vehicles always gave me a problem; however, the Avalon, no problem. On the exterior design I gave it a 7 because I do not like the exhaust system hanging low on the vehicle. I notice this on a lot of Toyotas. Other than that, I love the vehicle.

Seat comfort, Dash and overall interior display is excellent. Quiet engine. Good speaker system.

Bring exhaust system (tail pipe, etc) up higher on vehicle if possible. Glue of some sort seems to run down the front driver's/passenger door. Very little; however, I notice this also on another Avalon.

suspension
By donna

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost three months and have had problems with the suspension. So long as I am driving on smooth pavement, it is wonderful. On bumpy roads I feel like I'm rocking and rolling. The main complaint is that they say it is a five passenger car so long as the passengers don't weigh more than a pound. With Passengers in the back seat the car bottoms out, scraping the road when going over any bumps. Sadle enough,Toyota says this is "normal". I didn't know it was normal to drag the road in such an expensive car. Doing my research, I've come to realize that the Avalon has this problem and Toyota refuses to address it.They have compromised on the suspension.

I love the way the transmission runs and the gas mileage for such a large sedan, the extras in the car as well

they need to accept responsibility for the lack of quality in the type of springs and struts they use on this car. The design of this car doesn't allow for mushy springs. Otherwise call it a two passenger car.

Avalon
By Dan

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

You know how you get the feeling that I bought this car new and after 3 or 4 years, you kind of get the itch to buy a new car; well with this car and it is the fifth new car I have purchased, I have no desire. This is a car I can imaginge driving 15 or 20 years from now and that never happened with the previous four.

Inside comfort (I'm a big guy)! Handling, looks, features.

None except for GPS, which is available with new Avalons.

A Great Driving Car
By TXGeo

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

The Avalon is an extremely quiet,
great riding & driving car. It's
comfortable, has good accelleration,
and handles nicely in traffic. The
interior is clean with enough techie
features to give it the upscale feel
of its Lexus siblings. Plenty of
headroom and foot room, even for tall
people, and even though I've never sat
in the back I'm told it's very roomy
even behind the driver with the seat
all the way back. It's at the top of
my list for my next new car.

Quiet ride, great handling, top-notch stereo system and fun to drive.

Aluminum wheel finish is flaking off after being exposed to northern winter weather. Climate control is a little tricky if you need something other than "Auto".