2010 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Not as good as 2006?

2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Not as good as 2006?
By Leszek on

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a replacement of my 2005 Impreza Sport (manual). Some things are better, some are worse. Better instrumentation overall (but where are some gauges that used to be there – “idiot lights” are for idiots). I like the engine, it seems to be a bit more responsive, but the rest of the “sport” designation is not as good: greater roll (not as firm suspension? Higher center of gravity?), the seats are too comfortable: for “wide” people. The bucket seats are sized to fit much bigger person and don’t embrace as tightly. When combining that with increased roll in turns, the feeling of “tight control” is not there. Gearbox, while smooth could use different ratios and one more gear.

AWD -- it never failed me in the worst possible conditions when going rock climbing or skiing -- off road, snow, ice, mud. it always worked when many 4x4 SUVs where sliding next to me.

Tighter suspension, better gear ratios/additional gear in automatic, better protection against door dents from other cars at parking lots.