2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
2010 WRX 5-Door Satin White
By rudy on 01/15/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Prior to purchasing this car I test drove the new GTI, Speed-3, and the Mini Clubman S. However one drive int he Subaru WRX and the decision was easy. The Subie impressed me right away with it's combination of incredible power and AWD grip. The interior is well done too. The sport seats are perfect and the cockpit looks awesome with the glowing red gauges and white needles that sweep upon start up. The engine revs very smooth and transmits little to no vibration at idle. The steering communicates good feedback with the road and offers a very tight turn radius. In the back the 19 cubic feet of cargo area allow for this car to be both a utility vehicle and a weekend toy.

The miles are racking up
By jtheiral on 01/11/10 09:48 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in the market for a new car for the past few years. My job has me continually visiting cities throughout the nation which gives me the fantastic opportunity to test drive numerous rentals. I ended up settling with Subaru Impreza Outback Sport as the car that would best fit my lifestyle and best value. I decided that having AWD was a requirement that I needed to have. I also was looking for some good fuel economy since I due rack up the miles. I have had the car for two months and already have put over 7k miles on it. I am very impressed with its surefooted ability on ice and snow. The interior is quiet but rougher roads can cause some unacceptable road noise within inside.

Not thrilled-my first and only Subaru
By not a subaru fan on 01/07/10 15:54 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Subaru and I bought it because I live in a colder climate and have a 25 mile commute to work everyday so I wanted a vehicle with AWD but still wanted a car - not a truck style SUV. After looking at the few choices on the market and reading the reviews I chose this and was very excited at first but now am getting more and more frustrated with the inconsistencies of this vehicle. First I thought all cars now had automatic locks - apparently not - no automatic headlights either but yet I have heated seats and heated wipers! I got a free Sirius package but like others have said - the sound quality is horrible. The wipers, even when heated, freeze up constantly front and back.

Timely Purchase
By Andrey on 12/21/09 09:54 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We live in Northern Virginia, which doesn't get a lot of snow, however, it still does get some, and we do travel up north to PA and upstate NY, so we felt we needed to replace one of our rear- wheel drive vehicles with something either FWD or AWD. We just 'lived through' the blizzard of 2009, and the car performed wonderfully while the snow was still falling.. zipping by those so called "SUVs" which don't necessarily have AWD (do your research!). We put on around 100miles just driving around snow, and also took a skiing trip, which we wouldn't have attempted without this car. The heated seats, heated wiper areas were pretty nice to have in snow too. Car is fun to drive, even with 170HP.

First Subaru purchase
By Veronica on 12/16/09 16:36 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am so in love with this car! It handles so good, much better than any other car I test drove. I feel like I have gained an extra foot of viewing from the windshield, very well designed for the driver. My partner is 6'1" and has loads of headroom which is nice. Even the base model, which is what I went for, is loaded with feature like symmetrical AWD, power windows & locks, heated mirrors, and sport shift. It is a very safe car, I live in a climate with harsh winters and just days after I purchased it, we had a huge snowfall but my Impreza was a breeze to drive! Love this car, I will keep it for a very long time!

Fun Snow Car
By COBeav on 12/10/09 16:08 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've put about 1500mi on my Subie. Love it! I was very surprised by its pickup, even with the auto. Its handling and power are much better than the other cars in its class, especially for the basic model. Getting up around 34 mpg hwy, 25 city (stop-n-go), not bad, especially just breaking it in. Had a few snows, and it just zips along. Love being able to just go, even starting uphill. The handling is fun in the snow, it seems as though I can feel the different wheels gripping.

Car Love
By JungleLover in Utah on 11/28/09 20:32 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A perfect car for me! Living in Park City, the AWD is amazing - remember, not all AWD cars are created equal. The seats are comfortable, and having the 60/40 seat folding is great for loading mountain bikes, skis, or anything you might need to get out and play. The shifting is really easy in the manual and is fun and speedy to drive around. It's a beautiful car and inexpensive in relation to comparable cars and what you get. Averaging 31mpg (I drive conservatively and coast wherever possible).

First Subaru
By taylor0274 on 11/27/09 07:24 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife was looking for an AWD sedan because we have a new born. She could not be happier with her purchase. We weren't looking to purchase new but after the deal that was offered she ending up with 2010. I wasn't sure if the car was going to be big enough, but she has more than enough room for her and our 4 month old.

Fun and fast!
By VJD on 11/20/09 00:37 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Finally drove a new, with 6 miles on it, pearl white 2010 WRX HB equipped with the SPT shortshifter and exhaust. Within a few minutes I knew this was the car for me. Excellent low end power, handling and road feel. Plus it has AWD. Finally found a replacement for my long gone '04 R32.

2010 Rex packs a "TYSON" like punch!
By MtnWrx on 11/12/09 23:23 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased a 2010 White Wrx Premium on Halloween and love it. It handles great; And also has a very smooth ride. Has the 10 speaker sound system and has a pretty good sound. Use as daily driver and on average I achieve 23.4 mpg. Car delivers lots of power, and has a very very refined engine. Pulls hard but very smooth. All in all I couldn't be happier with my purchase. When I purchased this model there were only 9 in the us of the white wrx premium. If you can obtain a premium wrx I highly recommend it, you'll love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$120 per month*