Used 2010 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Practical Yet Fun
By Jake F.

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am overall very pleased with this car. The build quality seems excellent for this class. The doors give a quality thunk when you close them and all switches/levers feel durable. The performance of the 2.5 is adequate and when combined with the 5spd the result is a zippy little car. The suspension soaks up the bumps very nicely (better than my 04 Impala I traded for it) and I live near some very rough roads so that is appreciated. I am a large person (275 lbs) and I find the interior comfortable and roomy enough. Even though it is summer, I have already used the AWD to climb up a rain soaked muddy drive and it performed flawlessly. I'm almost looking forward to the ND winter.

Favorite Features

The AWD as I live in a harsh climate (ND). The build quality and feel of the levers and switches. The suspension that soaks up the bumps on the rough roads. Decently roomy interior with good sized load space with the seat folded down. The manual transmission for driving fun.

Suggested Improvements

The 5 disc CD stereo is lack-luster and falls short of the 04 Impala I traded for it. The 5spd manual could be a little smoother with a little less clutch travel. I would prefer a manual lever as opposed to an electronic push button to open the rear gate for reliability purposes.

Excellent Car - Liking it more and more
By loanthony

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second update of our Impreza 2.5i sedan with auto. Car continues to impress with excellent reliability, sharp handling, and solid construction. Interior fabric is holding up better than expected (I mentioned previously that it may wear out fast) and the size is still just right for moving up to four people and some stuff. Stability on the freeway is outstanding even in cross winds and the engine power is mated very, very well to the auto trans. I really like the Silver color which matches nicely with the dark gray interior. Only complaint is the gas mileage which is dramatically different between city and freeway driving. Getting around 19- 20 in the city and nearly 30 on the fwy.

Favorite Features

AWD, solid structure, color, simple design, sharp handling, tight turning circle, just enough room, strong acceleration, nice flat torque curve, exterior shape

Suggested Improvements

Better city fuel economy, stronger more durable seat fabric, bring back temp gauge, better stock stereo, 5- speed auto trans.

Love the STI
By Mike_ND

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Special Edition 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have only a couple hundred miles on this beast, but I am feeling the love. Very mild mannered in daily driving, and the stiff suspension is livable. But, any acceleration above 4,000 rpm is when the magic happens. Then hold on! Superior performance and handling for a bargain price.

Favorite Features

Engine HP and torque, combined with the handling are outstanding. Great looking car too.

Suggested Improvements

Subaru stereo systems are noted for being just so-so, but hey, who listens to CDs or radio when you've got engine and turbo music.

Mistake
By Hardcore

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer to save money on car payments and in gas. I do feel like a made a mistake by not really shopping around a bit before making my decision. I was trying to save money but making sure that I got a vehicle that had AWD. I wouldn't recommend getting the Impreza and would tell anyone who asked to look into other AWD cars. There are plenty out there, they may be a bit pricey but I believe it's worth it to love what you drive. I also have been looking into a few other cars that have AWD and if you look online, you can find lists of cars that have an AWD option. On top of not "loving that car", the dealer that I bought this from just wanted to sell a car.

Favorite Features

AWD of course. Only other thing was that the seats are heated and are cloth.

Suggested Improvements

Interior, this was made very very cheap, everything is plastic. The armrest and the radio. The engine is noisy and the suspension is not great. I feel every little bump in the road. Subaru has a long way to go if they want to ever compete with other manufactures.

Great first Car
By Steven D.

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I checked out the Subaru dealership after talking to friends who owned Subaru's and after being so sick of the other dealers feeding me crap about how great their cars were, even though I knew they were not for me. Extremely happy with my purchase and would think of owning any other brand in the future.

Favorite Features

Comfort on long drives and handling in the city.

Suggested Improvements

Pretty simple basics and pricey upgrades but then again what brand doesn't have the same.