Used 2010 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Total Failure of a Car
By Dan Barry

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The clutch on my 2.5i Subaru went out at 40k miles, the center armrest cracked, the side arm rests caved in, the trunk rattles and it burns oil like mad. Now the car is turning itself off intermittently while running, probably from a failed fuel pump. We are selling this car and getting a better vehicle. This has been the worst vehicle we've ever owned.

This is Definitely the Low End Product
By historybuff13

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Before I begin I just want to say I have owned 2 Foresters and they are both great cars. I bought this Imprezza used from a dealer in 2014 with under 36000 miles. I thought it was a great deal because of the milage. I have owned it for less than 3 months and I am now scheduled for my 3rd service appointment to fix the turn signal. I have read that Subaru cut corners on this model to save money and actually made the wire harness too short so that it pulls loose. I really like my dealership and in general I like Subarus, but I cannot recommend this model. I will actually be purchasing a new car this year, but I am no longer considering the Crosstrek, as it is just another Imprezza.

Favorite Features

Good in snow. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I am so disappointed that Subaru has decided to go for "cheap" instead of quality on this model. I suggest they not compromise on quality just because it is not their top of the line. Recall to replace wiring harness with a longer version.

Oil burner - burnt engine/valves. Awful
By crtruthbtold

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bough (and I am now selling) my 2010 Subaru Impreza (Outback Sport). I bought it new, it burns oil. Ridiculous. All the maintenance and oil changes as required. In under 100K miles I had an oil leak develop and had to replace valve gasket -$$$ repair. less than 10K miles later I had a push rod bearing go because of oil burning! and now I have to buy a short block engine if I wanted to repair it. I am selling it for salvage for more than I expected as I refuse to sink good money after bad. At least I don't owe any money on it. This is the 2nd Subaru I have purchased with oil issues (the other was a turbo Baja - 4 burned valves while still under warranty in the first 36K miles).Stay away.

Favorite Features

Heated seats and split seating in back - good amount of room in the back when seats are put down.

Suggested Improvements

Don't trust a repair for an oil issue to last. Big $ spent despite all service records and good mechanics. Burns oil and ruins engine/valves.

terrible car
By dhbsn

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

i was expexcting so much more out of this car.bought it new in 2010. after about 3000 miles realized that i had no oil thought that was weird. but let it go happen again.so i took it to the dealership where i had bought the car and they said they had been getting a lot of these kind of complaints. So i sold that thing as soon as possible and got my self a wry and could not be happier. same car just much better all around except for gas milage. glad i sold that car

Second and LAST Subaru
By weegian

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Impreza. The first one, a 2006, was a much better car. I had no problems with the 2006. The 2010 has 31k miles on it and feels like it's rattling apart. It's been idling rough for a few months, but according to the dealership that I brought it to, that's what makes a Subaru a Subaru. I just dropped it off for an oil change and found out that the rear brakes are completely worn down to the metal. The paint is also pretty terrible. It scratches if you look at it funny. After less than a year, I had scratches around all of the door handles. It's my personal theory that Toyota is not so slowly trying to kill the Impreza.

Favorite Features

Rear seats that fold flat

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the 2006 model. The new redesign has 140 horsepower and a cvt. Way to turn the Impreza into an AWD corolla, Toyota.