2010 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Oil burner - burnt engine/valves. Awful
By crtruthbtold on 09/23/14 22:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bough (and I am now selling) my 2010 Subaru Impreza (Outback Sport). I bought it new, it burns oil. Ridiculous. All the maintenance and oil changes as required. In under 100K miles I had an oil leak develop and had to replace valve gasket -$$$ repair. less than 10K miles later I had a push rod bearing go because of oil burning! and now I have to buy a short block engine if I wanted to repair it. I am selling it for salvage for more than I expected as I refuse to sink good money after bad. At least I don't owe any money on it. This is the 2nd Subaru I have purchased with oil issues (the other was a turbo Baja - 4 burned valves while still under warranty in the first 36K miles).Stay away.

terrible car
By dhbsn on 07/04/14 20:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

i was expexcting so much more out of this car.bought it new in 2010. after about 3000 miles realized that i had no oil thought that was weird. but let it go happen again.so i took it to the dealership where i had bought the car and they said they had been getting a lot of these kind of complaints. So i sold that thing as soon as possible and got my self a wry and could not be happier. same car just much better all around except for gas milage. glad i sold that car

Second and LAST Subaru
By weegian on 08/20/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Impreza. The first one, a 2006, was a much better car. I had no problems with the 2006. The 2010 has 31k miles on it and feels like it's rattling apart. It's been idling rough for a few months, but according to the dealership that I brought it to, that's what makes a Subaru a Subaru. I just dropped it off for an oil change and found out that the rear brakes are completely worn down to the metal. The paint is also pretty terrible. It scratches if you look at it funny. After less than a year, I had scratches around all of the door handles. It's my personal theory that Toyota is not so slowly trying to kill the Impreza.

2010 2.5 I Manual
By okkphil1 on 04/26/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car burns a ton of oil and they will not fix it. It has to burn more than 1 quart every 1,200 miles or they will not fix it. I am unhappy with Subaru for this reason alone. I will not buy another Subaru or promote buying any of their cars. If something breaks or is flawed, like my engine, they won't make it right.

2010 impreza Outback sport
By aherrmann17 on 04/24/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car burns oil. The scheduled maintenance for my region is every 7500 miles for an oil change. The outback sport however decided to develop rod knocking due to lack of oil in the engine. CA state law does not allow a car to burn 4.5 quarts of synthetic oil in 7500 miles. Highly dissatisfied with this car. I would not recommend it to anyone.

2010 2.5i Subaru Sedan
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Subaru Impreza about 5 months ago after trading off my Honda Pilot. I was hesitant because of the large amount of snow we get in North Dakota. However, I could not be happier with the trade. The gas mileage is much better, no problems in the first 8,000 miles, and it is fun to drive. We ended up with 12 inches of snow in 24 hours and I had no issues commuting to and from work. Probably the funnest car I have owned, and it is number 6.

Do I really need a car this fast?
By WesK on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What other vehicle can rip the roads and have as much space as a mini-van inside? At 10% throttle, you have a car that almost behaves like a well mannered commuter vehicle in traffic. Step on the gas, and you will probably be breaking any speeding law in less than one second.

Still lovin' this rocket!
By Which Subaru Be U? on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Special Edition 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 4 months this street legal rocket-ship is still the best escape I can recommend to those who want safety, power and AWD fun for a daily driver or a weekend warrior! No regrets in adding this power monster to my growing Subaru fleet (the 5th Subaru I've owned); it compliments my 2005 Legacy GT sedan perfectly. Looking forward to taking this beast to NJ MotorSports in the spring for a track weekend; it separates itself from the pack in that it handles superbly, power is smooth and turbo spools-up quick; the adjustable torque and limited-slip features are also excellent. Ride quality is tight and extreme - it goes where you point it - what more could you want from a performance car?

Sweet ride!
By Shoju on 09/01/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for six months now, and I love my car very much. 5 speed manual with all weather package. I get about 22 MPG on my daily commute to work. I can get between 25-32 MPG on long freeway drives. Living in sunny Southern California, the heat causes a unique experience within my Subaru. When it gets hot, the plastics of the interior give off a nauseating smell. The interior looks great to me. It's just that being plastic makes it not as good. The stereo is great. Those who complain about the stereo when using a MP3 player need to learn that AUX jacks means the volume is controlled on the device! Turn it up on the device and then it will sound fine through the stereo!!

Not as good as 2006?
By Leszek on 08/28/10 15:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a replacement of my 2005 Impreza Sport (manual). Some things are better, some are worse. Better instrumentation overall (but where are some gauges that used to be there – “idiot lights” are for idiots). I like the engine, it seems to be a bit more responsive, but the rest of the “sport” designation is not as good: greater roll (not as firm suspension? Higher center of gravity?), the seats are too comfortable: for “wide” people. The bucket seats are sized to fit much bigger person and don’t embrace as tightly. When combining that with increased roll in turns, the feeling of “tight control” is not there. Gearbox, while smooth could use different ratios and one more gear.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Impreza in VA is:

$120 per month*