Glad that's over...
By Gregory on
2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I hate to bash this car, it got me around for 'bout 7 years and over 100k, but: This cars been my rival the entire time- Pros: This thing is pretty safe. I have been in 3 notable accidents (most recently fatally colliding with a deer) which have left me completely safe and confused that my vehicle had collided with something! Cons- This whole car (Including critical engine components) is made of cheap plastic, prone to dissentegrate and collapse in dire, drastic and expensive ways. It's all hunky dory 'til your engine almost seizes or your shifter breaks, leaving you in 1st gear and 30miles from the nearest soul. Thanks, Saturn.
Favorite Features
hmmm... the 3 visible elements of this care NOT made out of plastic seemed to hold up pretty well.
Suggested Improvements
Less frail timing chains- proper wiring, not assemble stick-shifter with frail plastic, or door handles, or lights- oh and your standard-issue roofrack turns the car into a giant rapidly moving high-pitched constant whistle. I've never been so happy to visit a used car lot.