1996 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Great little car
By Klutz_33 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Brought my car used abought a year ago with 107K miles on it. Now with almost 120K miles on it my sl2 has proved to be a very good investment. I have never had a problem with it except for an 02 sensor that went bad and that was a cheap fix. Acceleration is great in this car even though it only has 124hp dont let that fool you it has a good amount of power. It handles great and does very well in emergency maneuvers and is good on gas. The car is an excellent buy and should not be overlooked.

It Just Feels Right
By NJSatOwner27 on 03/05/02 18:26 PM (PST)

1996 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

Sold on the car from the minute I drove it, I have found that the car just seems to fit around me perfectly. (Mind you, I'm only 5' 7") You get that feeling of being close to the road when behind the wheel. It's easy at the pump, but gives you the extra umph when you want it and it has kept that umph over time.

FLIMFLAMED!
By Grellyn on 03/05/02 14:53 PM (PST)

1996 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Purchased "new", this car ran just fine....for about six months! It's been all downhill (or towed) since. Even with a 50,000 miles extended warranty and regular dealer servicing, I've spent over $4,000 in mechanical repairs! In fact, it's "dead" in my garage now. I've decided to sell (if I can find a victim)and upgrade to a Hugo.