It won't die!
By writerdianalee on
1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe
I have no idea how many miles I have on this SC2 (auto, not manual) as the odometer stopped working a few years ago. I'm guessing 155,000. I have had to replace a few things on it, most significantly the motherboard for $500. I have a crack in the windshield (sat it in the hot Cali sun for years), the seat belt thingy is cracked and will probably fail sometime, replaced the coolant tank ($10 from junkyard) and the timing belt made me nutty for years until I found a mechanic who fixed it (FINALLY). New brakes and tires last year (2011) - it's now 19 yeas old and still drives like a dream. My sons want to drive it off a cliff to force me to buy a new car but NOPE. Bot it for $4,400 10 yrs ago!
Favorite Features
Zippy. Cute body. Pop up headlights. Fold-down-to-flat back seats - haul the dog in there - roomy in that space. Love the shifter, stock radio still good, E brake great, handles great in snow/slush, climbs up my snowy driveway effortlessly. Hate that the wheels are pitting and lost the A/C two years ago. Power windows failed once but somehow fixed themselves! Eats a little oil but cannot complain at all.