2002 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
The True Driver's Car!
By robliski on 08/11/14 04:02 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

If you want a true sports car that has been designed around the driver, then this is the car for you. The engine performance is excellent, the sound is beautiful when she sings. Handling is very crisp and gives the driver an excellent feel of connectedness with the car. The interior is relatively comfortable with 2 little seats for the kids. The car has to be owned by a person who has basic mechanical knowledge and understands the concept of "Preventive Maintenance", otherwise it can cost the owner very dearly. But don't worry as there is a lot of help out there since this car has a lot of following.

The best sports car ever
By johnef805 on 01/03/13 18:36 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Convertable No there not cheep but they are well worth the money

Daily Driver
By Richard on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I drive the car all year round in the northeast. I recently rebuilt the engine. The piston rings were shot and I was burning more oil than gas.

Little Fast Tank
By goodtogo on 08/05/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I drive it to work everyday depending on which office between 20 and 60 miles. I can't get over how solid and rigid it is, just like a fast tank. I put one O2 sensor in it (it has four) and an oil separator that's it, except for tires.

2002 996 Cab
By WSM996 on 03/21/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This has been a great car. I looked at 997s but, for the money, the the 996 seemed like the best buy. It's an everyday driver and I drive it from Austin to Dallas every week for work. A lot of fun; surprising economy; very comfortable seating.

2002 C2 Cab - 4th 911
By Bob in Fort Myers on 01/05/10 20:00 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 4th 911, first water cooled and the best of the lot. Reliable and an absolute blast to drive even around town. There is nothing like a 911, especially a rag top with the top down. I bought a museum quality car and keep it that way as a pleasure car. When I take it out I feel the bit of celebrity a Porsche 911 brings to the road. I love the power top and the complex way the rear deck comes up to hide it, but it squeaks when going up and down and has a small intermittent rattle. No real problem. Hope to own a 911 until I die and would be buried in one but it would be a shame to deprive someone else of the pleasure of driving the car.

A tremendous sports car for the money
By eDoug on 04/15/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Since prices have come down on these, they represent a tremendous value for anyone seeking a sports car, and anyone charmed by the voluptuous shape and performance of a 911. While many snuffed the new looks of the 996 chassis and design, it's unmistakably all 911... and the performance on and off the track are testimony to it's heritage. There are some weak points mechanically in some cars, but this is factored in to the low prices we're seeing for these models. 2002 added some nice goodies - and it's a great year... Would I love a 2009 997? Perhaps, but when you might be able to pay cash for a 2002 with only incrementally lower performance (but less weight, too), it's an easy decision.

An unexpected Pleasure
By Giovanni B. on 03/02/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Always fun to drive, even after 7+ years of ownership. I would recommend buying a set of winter tires to anyone who lives in a cold climate, especially if you expect to drive in snow regularly. Without them, the garage is the best place for the car! However, with a set of snows traction becomes very good & driving confidence climbs considerably. This is my ONLY car and I use it in all sorts of nasty weather. I don't baby it at all.

Awesome Targa!!
By Jonas on 12/31/08 11:21 AM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Targa Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I frequently change vehicles and have had some of the greats in the mid- price range - Elise, NSX, S2000. The 911 edges out the NSX for top honors in my opinion. It gives an unbelievably smooth ride when calm, but upon hard acceleration or cornering tightens up significantly. This is the first of the cars I've owned that my wife will drive. I've only had the car for a few months, but it hasn't missed a beat. Also, the torque curve is much more linear than any car I've previously owned. It's a welcoming contrast to the lack of bottom end power I've experienced in the past. In my opinion the Targa design is far superior to the standard 911; the glass breaks up the roof line nicely.

First Porsche C4 Cabriolet
By Mr King on 12/13/08 19:57 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD 2dr Cabriolet (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Spring 2008 acquired beautiful used factory certified 2002 cab in seal gray over black leather with 33,000 miles for less than 50% original window sticker. Tight as a drum. Fast, fun, smooth, reliable, comfortable and sure-footed. Can confidently drive very fast. Daily driver is a 2007 BMW 335 coupe. A truly great machine but there's nothing like a ragtop Porsche in the twisties on a summer night or spring/fall day. I see a 997 TT cabriolet in my future.