2013 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Don't trade in your RAV4 for this!!!
By dk81081 on 03/01/14 15:23 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car doesn't compare to a RAV4! My wife and I traded our 2010 Rav4 for this, thinking there wouldn't be much of a change, but I was wrong. I am a tall guy, I fitted just fine in our Rav4, but I noticed it was tighter in the Rouge at the test drive. The wife like the price of the Rouge and how we were able to get all the options for the same price of a new Rav4. I listened to wife and bought this for her and it's been a mistake ever since. It doesn't turn like our old car, blind spots all over, CTV transmission is noisy. You think it's going to break down every time you step on the gas. I ain't one to make up an account to talk about a car, but people need to be warned! Stay away!

A solid CUV
By terrancesneed on 02/18/14 22:37 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Rogue in June of 2013. So far, it has proven to be a reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive vehicle. I test drove The Jeep Patriot, Toyota Rav-4, and Ford Escape, before choosing the Rogue. The Rav-4 and Escape were nice, but were pricey. As for the Patriot; no comment smh. The Rogue's smooth ride, decent acceleration, nice handling, and fair asking price were what sold me. The CVT does take some getting use to, but it serves it purpose. MPG ranges between 23.5 and 26.7. Only issue I have is I wish it was just a bit larger. The cargo space is modest but I knew that when I bought it. Overall it's a good vehicle, although I think a Tucson or Sportage gives more bang for buck.

The car we'd like to love !
By ricbrk on 11/26/13 08:25 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Rouge new. It was a attractive, solid car, nice to drive. But, first, the paint chips and scratches to easy. Navigation is dangerously inaccurate. We use our Garmin. After dealer changed oil at 3,500 miles, we noticed the engine getting loud on any load being put on it, passing, climbing grade etc.. Drowns out radio. New, mpg was 25.4 consistently. Now 23 and falling. We feel it is because of engine loudness issue. Interior is wonderful. Radio a little disappointing for a Bose. It now has 5,000 miles, and a dealer claims engine noise is normal ? If this car would have remained as we drove it off the lot, we'd love it. Unfortunately, it's in a downhill spiral.

Frustrated and Disappointed
By ann8023 on 11/07/13 16:36 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a new 2013 Rogue in May 2013. Last week, the malfunction light came on in the car. After experiencing difficulty accelerating while driving in town, I took the car to the nearest Nissan dealer. Eventually, it was determined that I needed a new transmission. The car had less than 5,000 miles! It has been 8 days and the car is still being repaired. I will never purchase another Nissan again. Clearly, there was a defect in the manufacturing process.

ROGUE 2013 MISSING SAFETY FEATURES
By eyenthesky on 09/26/13 19:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan has decided to short customers buying the 2013 model. The hood insulator (black cover under the hood) is missing and they claim "it is no longer needed". When shopping for a 2013 Rogue, check under the hood and compare to a 2012 or the new 2014 and ask the dealer to explain why this safety feature is missing!

Pros and Cons
By wiquincy on 06/28/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Pros: 1. CV Tranny excellent, no constant shifting 2. Plenty of power when needed at any speed. 3. Drives comfortably, but shorter wheelbase of this class is a little bumpier. 4. I get 28 mpg, my wife gets 24 overall. Gets over 30 on the highway at 60 mph. 5. Door looking options are very nice. Cons: 1. The Navigation system is totally useless. I had to buy a GPS. Cannot be set while moving, no MPH check, No useful trip record, no elevation, etc. etc. Of no use whatsoever. 2. No option for power seats for passenger. 3. Cargo space is small for class. 4. Speedometer is analog only, no digital read.

27 of 19,472 people found this review helpful
Perfect price, Great looks and Cool features for the price!
By thetodd1984 on 03/09/13 08:21 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am 28 and this is the 19th new car I have owned. I have had everything from a 2 seater smart car to a crew cab full size pick up truck with cars from basic to luxury fully loaded. My 18th new car was a fully loaded 2010 Nissan Cube which was a GREAT car and has made me a loyal Nissan owner now. The price to maintane the vehicle is cheaper then its other Japanese competitors. This little SUV has enough pep to keep you happy with the great fuel economy that is truely hard to achieve in this class of vehicle. I have the FWD SV with premium package. I test drove this in 12" of unplowed parking lot snow and it plowed right through it!

2013 Nissan Rogue 25 MPG
By jbuck406 on 10/31/12 08:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2010 Chrysler T&C loaded because the 3.8L V-6 was just too gas hungry 18-19 mpg. I got tired of it after the new wore off. My wife and I have owned 2 Nissan Sentras and we have liked Nissan products. I decided to try the Rogue and I am very happy with my choice, however, I was going to buy a 2013 Sentra but they all had Black interiors. I could not find one with a light interior. In Texas when the temp is 100 degrees you don't want to be setting in a black car. I purchased a "Frosted" Rogue SL loaded and I love driving it. 25 mpg and I haven't been on any road trips yet. It will do better on "Cruise". The Nissan Rogue will make a nice traveling SUV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$145 per month*