Used 2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

In one word: Practical
By it4life

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first SUV, and is also my first CVT transmission vehicle. Coming from a V8 engine with automatic trans, it took a little time getting used to the gearless shifting and lack of instant pick-up. However, I'm a huge fan now. The fuel savings really adds up! It drives just as well now that I've gotten the feel of how to accelerate smoothly with the CVT. Haven't had any of the CVT issues that seemed to plague older Nissan models. Plenty of interior space to haul foldable furniture, etc. Maintenance is a breeze. For a 4-cyl, it has decent power! Handling is good; the AWD and ABS kick in when necessary. Owned for 1 yr. now with no problems whatsoever. Avg. 1000 miles/mo. city.

Favorite Features

Sips gas - very fuel efficient. Keyless entry/ignition - I never thought I would enjoy this feature so much! Sunroof is nice in the summer. Dash layout is simple and easy to view. GPS is very handy to have. Maintenance is easy, with easy accessibility under-the-hood. Comfortable interior, with plenty of space. Has a more sporty feel to it than other SUVs I've been in. Runs very smoothly when properly maintained according to schedule and using full synthetic engine oil.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots - the Rogue is plagued with them. Once the side mirrors are adjusted properly, it's not as much of an issue. But the windshield view is obstructed by wide sections dividing the windshield area from the doors, which requires extra caution when making turns in crowded areas. Also, the interior plastic stains very easily; it must be wiped clean immediately of any spills. Also, the overhead eyeglass compartment is useless for anything else; it would have been nice to be able to store other items in it.

Don't trade in your RAV4 for this!!!
By dk81081

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car doesn't compare to a RAV4! My wife and I traded our 2010 Rav4 for this, thinking there wouldn't be much of a change, but I was wrong. I am a tall guy, I fitted just fine in our Rav4, but I noticed it was tighter in the Rouge at the test drive. The wife like the price of the Rouge and how we were able to get all the options for the same price of a new Rav4. I listened to wife and bought this for her and it's been a mistake ever since. It doesn't turn like our old car, blind spots all over, CTV transmission is noisy. You think it's going to break down every time you step on the gas. I ain't one to make up an account to talk about a car, but people need to be warned! Stay away!

Favorite Features

The only thing I liked is the heated seats. Their navigation system is so bad we are back using our Garmin. The controls on the steering wheel doesn't do much. You have to use the back up camera when backing up b/c you can't see anything out the back window. Can't adjust the back seats like you can on the Rav4. No power lift gate option. Noisy, uncomfortable, never again will I buy a Nissan!!

Suggested Improvements

Everything! Buy a Rav4 and figure out how to make more cabin room, duel climate control, power lift gate, lose the noisy transmission, make the back window larger, better navigation system.

A solid CUV
By terrancesneed

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Rogue in June of 2013. So far, it has proven to be a reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive vehicle. I test drove The Jeep Patriot, Toyota Rav-4, and Ford Escape, before choosing the Rogue. The Rav-4 and Escape were nice, but were pricey. As for the Patriot; no comment smh. The Rogue's smooth ride, decent acceleration, nice handling, and fair asking price were what sold me. The CVT does take some getting use to, but it serves it purpose. MPG ranges between 23.5 and 26.7. Only issue I have is I wish it was just a bit larger. The cargo space is modest but I knew that when I bought it. Overall it's a good vehicle, although I think a Tucson or Sportage gives more bang for buck.

Favorite Features

Very easy to drive, good road manners, tight turning circle, base stereo has nice sound, heat, ac, and defroster work great. MPG is pretty good for an SUV. Visibility is good.

Suggested Improvements

Well Nissan now has a 2014 that I wish I would have waited for, but this generation could have benefited from more power(The 2013 Altima engine would have been a good swap). A better interior design(build quality is good, but it is just a sea of black).The CVT is noisy at low speeds, and it would have been nice if the Rogue was bigger. The cargo area is on the slim side but is still much better than a sedan. Finally the base model should have more standard equipment(bluetooth and steering wheel volume controls), I see this has been addressed in the 2014 model.

The car we'd like to love !
By ricbrk

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Rouge new. It was a attractive, solid car, nice to drive. But, first, the paint chips and scratches to easy. Navigation is dangerously inaccurate. We use our Garmin. After dealer changed oil at 3,500 miles, we noticed the engine getting loud on any load being put on it, passing, climbing grade etc.. Drowns out radio. New, mpg was 25.4 consistently. Now 23 and falling. We feel it is because of engine loudness issue. Interior is wonderful. Radio a little disappointing for a Bose. It now has 5,000 miles, and a dealer claims engine noise is normal ? If this car would have remained as we drove it off the lot, we'd love it. Unfortunately, it's in a downhill spiral.

Favorite Features

Electric sun roof, heated seats, styling, comfortable seats and roomy interior. keyless ignition is nice. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality is terrible, needs improved. Navigation needs improved, it is very inaccurate causing you to get lost continuously. Better tires, Continental tires are like skates on ice in bad weather. Bose should be ashamed putting their name on this sound system, much improvement needed. Whatever is causing this extremely loud engine noise, and decrease in MPG needs to be addressed.

Frustrated and Disappointed
By ann8023

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a new 2013 Rogue in May 2013. Last week, the malfunction light came on in the car. After experiencing difficulty accelerating while driving in town, I took the car to the nearest Nissan dealer. Eventually, it was determined that I needed a new transmission. The car had less than 5,000 miles! It has been 8 days and the car is still being repaired. I will never purchase another Nissan again. Clearly, there was a defect in the manufacturing process.

Favorite Features

Nice handling, but of no use if the car won't run.

Suggested Improvements

none