2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Review: Bought Two Rogues In Ten Days!

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Bought Two Rogues In Ten Days!
By Jewopaho on

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After driving my wife's new Rogue, I gladly traded in my '08 Merc Mariner ... $1750 in rebates didn't hurt, but the overall value and performance cinched it. It has the smoothest and quietest ride of any small SUV by far (believe me, we drove 'em all!), and the comfort level is superior. The "whining" CVT transmission noise is inconsequential, but can be switched to traditional shifting if it's an issue. Ours have both the Premium and Leather Packages, and still came in just over $22k. There are a couple of options that we'd like to have had, but they're not available. Still, we're thrilled with the vehicle, and highly recommend that you drive it first or last when shopping for a new SUV.

Intelligent Key & Bluetooth (my wife no longer has to dig in her purse for her keys & phone), power seat w/lumbar adjustment, Bose sound, heated seats (a luxury at this price point) and that smooth, quiet, seamless ride makes driving a pleasure. A V-6 is not available, but the I4 does just fine.

Auto on/off headlights and climate control are not available; power lock buttons not illuminated; blind spot at right rear (we compensated for it with a $3 convex mirror mounted in the lower right hand corner of the passenger-side mirror, does the job very well). Fuel economy a bit less than EPA.