Used 2010 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

CVT Transmission
By Tom

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Be aware CVT on 2010 is warranted to 120,000 miles, mine failed at 108,000 & luckily Nissan dealership made me aware of warranty(3500.00). At time when transmission failed(RPM rev up to 6500), AC stopped working immediately($1000.00), according to dealership no relation between trans & AC failure. Also had purchased 100K extended warranty at dealer but when Catalytic converter failed, was only warranted to 80K(didn't read fine print.

Some issues with my Rogue
By Leona DeMartino

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I like this car very much. On some occasions the car has locked itself with me outside it and without me pushing any lock. One time it did this with the engine running and the key inside. It happened about 8:45 p.m. while I was dropping off a book at my library's after-hours drop box.

Also back-up visibility not so good. Window size/placement might be the reason. Also, the backup lights are dim; most of the time it looks as if they are not turned on. Aceleration from highway ramp onto highway not so good.

The backup camera could use some guidelines for reference. According to your list of models, I did not understand what CVT means. I bought the lowest priced model. I thought is strange that the rear view camera was only offered in this model. I would have preferred a sunroom instead of the camera since it does not have guide lines on the screen

Eh....
By Helen

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought about 2 and a half years ago a 2010 Nissan Rogue, Krom Edition. I loved the car except for a few quirks. One, the Krom edition didn't have any mirrors in the sun visor. Seriously Nissan?? Also, there wasn't enough lighting in the car itself. There was only one dome light and there was no lighting in the trunk area. That made unloading anything from the back at night almost impossible. I upgraded, I guess you could say, yesterday to a 2016 Rogue. It's on lease and it's the AWD base model. That's a different review altogether. I was happy with my Rogue, obviously or I wouldn't have gotten another one. The main reason for the trade in was the fact that the car was fastly approaching the 80k mark. Some people would say that the car still has life in it.

Do not buy this car!!
By GonzalezJ

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My 2010 Nissan Rouge is one of the many 2008-2010 Nissan Rogue vehicles that are defected. It has same continuous transmission problem, it is unsafe to drive in a highway. However, Nissan does not do a recall.

Transmission problems
By wendyjoy22

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2010 Nissan Rogue 6 months ago for $12k with 114k actual miles. Seemed like a great car, but after a month I noticed a shuddering at stop lights almost like it would stall. I had it checked at 3K mile oil change and tech said it was fine.
3 weeks ago the transmission failed completely after 6 months ownership and 6k miles with the mileage at 400 miles over the 120k warranty. Driving interstate, whining noise, rpms at red line with acceleration and then unable to maintain speed until complete stall. Restarted after cool down, check engine light came on 10 miles later but no problems while driving to dealer.
Nissan will not help and cost is $4k plus wracked up $1k rental fee

Really enjoyed this car until the transmission failed which apparently has been a huge issue with the Nissan for years. I'm on disability with enormous medical bills and don't have any money to repair the transmission. I need a reliable vehicle and thought I had that finally. I feel the dealer sold a vehicle without adequately inspection of transmission for one since I was told the transmission fluid was black and burned at the diagnostic and I don't think that happened in my short ownership with safe driving. And two I'm very frustrated with Nissan consumer affairs for not offering any assistance especially when they know they've had severe issues with their transmission for years.

Buyer beware of Nissan transmissions unless you have several thousands of dollars to throw away frequently especially when there are letters from people who have not only replaced the transmission once, but 2 or 3 times on the same vehicle. I'm without a vehicle and hopeless at this point.