2010 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris on 04/01/14 07:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6. I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me. They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic

scrap car ..nightmare
By dardouri on 01/02/14 19:12 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really don't want this vehicle any more, I see all kind of the problem with this scrap . I bought this car from a dealer Metro nissan in Montreal with 44kkm and guarantee for 4years, after 2 months of driving, I had 2 much problems..., I would have given it back after a month or two!but unfortunately too late 2 change it

bought a used one
By lowpost50 on 11/04/13 18:09 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used rogue with 30,000 miles I already own an SUV. I bought it to replace my failed ford explorer with 162,000 miles. I needed a vehicle to go back and forth to work ( I drive 60 miles a day) needless to say I wanted something with good fuel economy, and a good warranty. I had my Rogue 3 months and i love it/ its comfortable nimble in traffic. I still have 70,000 miles left on a 100,000 mile warranty.its very stylish,and it must be a great CUV because I see sooo many on the road. go into a decent sized parking lot you will see at least 2 Rogues there.

CVT transmission issues
By denver13 on 10/29/13 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Please google Nissan Rogue CVT transmission issues before considering this vehicle. I used to love my Rogue, but after 2 years of driving it, some serious concerns came up. I had multiple experiences where the transmission overheated, putting the vehicle into safety mode. When it is in safety mode, it DOES NOT GO. This happened to me on the highway, and right after getting off of the highway in the middle of an intersection. This issue has been reported in several instances, so please do research it! Nissan is aware of the reports, but only offered me a solution of changing the transmission fluid. I traded it in, as I found the vehicle too risky and unreliable. Please be careful.

Bad CVT Transmission
By neddnee on 06/25/13 18:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately, my 2010 Rogue has begun to give me problems when driving up hill. I lose power and the car does not accelerate even when I have my pedal to the floor. The local Nissan dealership had my car all day and their conclusion for my problem was that the car's safety mechanism turns on so the transmission won't overheat. Well I guess that's fine except for when I'm driving in 75-80 mph traffic and my car suddenly loses power. That's not really safe. I really hope that this problem is resolved and these cars are recalled.

last review traded it in
By twowhldoug on 06/12/12 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

final follow up on 2010 rogue,has 58,000 miles.Traded it on a pilot yesterday.Didn't buy a pathfinder due to premium fuel req.Unlike the 2009 we had the 2010 has been very nice to own.Only issue had for the length of ownership was the fuel gauge,not very accurate(was replaced once).The rogue has been a fine car,and has been fun to drive.Anytime punched up fuel mileage was 27pluss.the bose audio and blue tooth was a high point.Replaced tires at 44,000 and just maintenance.Dealer(Hunt Nissan)was the best.Feel bad about loosing them to the Honda guys,but we had to have a bigger car that used reg fuel.Ican say that a Rogue is a good choice to have.

My first Rogue
By pickles on 02/21/12 12:54 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 2nd Nissan I have had. I had a Murano which I loved but it got totalled in 2007 when a 17 year old hit us head on. Very safe car. I hope the Rogue is just as safe. It does need more cupholders. Otherwise, I love it

nice crossover if you do not need real SUV
By stevko on 12/18/11 21:06 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in Aug11 used from Hertz car rental 15.500$ an 2010 S AWD model with 38000mile on. After 6mon in use I decided to write this review as I used this page to choose the Rouge. I was looking for SUV but did not wanted pay the higher price and more on gas, therefore I was looking at sportage, tuscon, forester and rouge. I choose Nissan as I drove nissan sentra before and rogue is basically lifted sentra kind of w/ AWD and SUV look, car like driving and SUV feel and safety. We live in NortWest so this kind of car is ideal. I doesnot need fancy ride and towing capabilities so city like SUV = Rogue was an good choice. And the price was 1.500 - 2000 lesser than those others.

Great Vehicle
By jennib31210 on 09/17/11 01:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I actually owned 2 Rogues, and was happy with both. The only reason I got rid of the 1st one (08) was to trade for a new one (2010). I love the SUV feel combined with the great fuel economy of a midsized sedan. I always averaged 27+ MPG, and even got 30MPG on at least one occasion. The seats are comfortable and the interior is fairly roomy for it to be a small SUV/crossover. I had the 2010 for right at a year and put 15k miles on it, including a road trip from GA to OH and back, and never experienced any issues in the time I owned it. I traded it for a 2010 Altima because the Altima is my ultimate dream car :) but I was very pleased with my Rogues & recommend them to anyone!

Solid car but the A/C is a bit meh
By anders7 on 09/11/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and was very impressed with the handling - very car like. Fit and finish of the interior is way above the competition (RAV4, CRV etc). The engine is powerful enough and I grew to love the CVT that some people hate. The front seats are very comfy and the few times I get to sit in the back I am comfortable there too. This was the last car on my shortlist and I didn't want to like it but I really did. 12 months later and I still like the car a lot. It is what it is - its a compact SUV crossover with AWD (btw the AWD really does work well in light snow and ice). The visibility out of the back is poor (styling) and the A/C is NOT great for Texas summer. Still like the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$115 per month*