Used 2010 Nissan Rogue S Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

CVT Transmission
By Tom

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Be aware CVT on 2010 is warranted to 120,000 miles, mine failed at 108,000 & luckily Nissan dealership made me aware of warranty(3500.00). At time when transmission failed(RPM rev up to 6500), AC stopped working immediately($1000.00), according to dealership no relation between trans & AC failure. Also had purchased 100K extended warranty at dealer but when Catalytic converter failed, was only warranted to 80K(didn't read fine print.

Some issues with my Rogue
By Leona DeMartino

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I like this car very much. On some occasions the car has locked itself with me outside it and without me pushing any lock. One time it did this with the engine running and the key inside. It happened about 8:45 p.m. while I was dropping off a book at my library's after-hours drop box.

Also back-up visibility not so good. Window size/placement might be the reason. Also, the backup lights are dim; most of the time it looks as if they are not turned on. Aceleration from highway ramp onto highway not so good.

The backup camera could use some guidelines for reference. According to your list of models, I did not understand what CVT means. I bought the lowest priced model. I thought is strange that the rear view camera was only offered in this model. I would have preferred a sunroom instead of the camera since it does not have guide lines on the screen

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6.
I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me.
They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic

Bad CVT Transmission
By neddnee

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately, my 2010 Rogue has begun to give me problems when driving up hill.
I lose power and the car does not accelerate even when I have my pedal to the floor.
The local Nissan dealership had my car all day and their conclusion for my problem was that the car's safety mechanism turns on so the transmission won't overheat.
Well I guess that's fine except for when I'm driving in 75-80 mph traffic and my car suddenly loses power.
That's not really safe.
I really hope that this problem is resolved and these cars are recalled.

A well built transmission would be great!

Great Vehicle
By jennib31210

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I actually owned 2 Rogues, and was happy with both. The only reason I got rid of the 1st one (08) was to trade for a new one (2010). I love the SUV feel combined with the great fuel economy of a midsized sedan. I always averaged 27+ MPG, and even got 30MPG on at least one occasion. The seats are comfortable and the interior is fairly roomy for it to be a small SUV/crossover. I had the 2010 for right at a year and put 15k miles on it, including a road trip from GA to OH and back, and never experienced any issues in the time I owned it. I traded it for a 2010 Altima because the Altima is my ultimate dream car :) but I was very pleased with my Rogues & recommend them to anyone!

CVT transmission; fuel economy; smooth ride; sufficient interior space for single person or small family... I was not initially a fan of the Rogue when they first came out, but the salesman at the dealership convinced me to take it for a test drive, and I changed my mind quickly :) hence why I've owned 2!

My only complaint is the view out the rear passenger side of the vehicle. When trying to change lanes on the highway, it's hard to see if someone is in that area, and I know I had a few instances where I almost ran into someone because I could not see them. If you can adjust your seat and your side view mirror just right, you might be able to fix this issue, but it would just help if there could be a slight change in design to correct this.