2007 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:
No major troubles....but
By sticks4 on 09/17/13 04:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had no major troubles, but brakes did seem to wear out fast. Alignment in the rear tires, the shop said they were wasn't enough adjustment left and could only get them close. Backseat drink holders were ripped off from the seats several times by our kids(poor design), Nissan declined to cover while it was under warranty. After reading a lot of horror stories as I debated holding on to this vehicle, a slight flutter in the idle convinced me to trade it in. Up to that point, really tires and brakes, no major repairs at 74,000. Body was just starting to rust, I don't think I would buy another Nissan. Traded it for a Honda crv!

Poor quality Nissan Quest
By taglarry on 05/18/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new in 2007. The factory tires were bald at 25,000 miles and the brakes were worn to nothing at 27,000 miles. Just after the 36,000 mile warranty expired both front armrests fell off, the front cup holder broke, both sun visor light covers broke off, and an exterior trim piece fell off while driving. At about 50,000 miles the driver's side sun visor completely broke and two of the TPMS sensors had to be replaced. I just hit 80,000 miles and both front struts and the rear shocks had to be replaced. When compared to my other cars, this Nissan Quest is a constant problem.

The repairs just keep adding up
By rupkinmae on 07/26/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm so disappointed in this van. Every time I think it's going to be okay, another expensive repair is required. We're throwing good money after bad on this vehicle now and we haven't even reached 90,000 miles. I have read more reviews than I can count regarding the timing chain issue. I think it's time to get a class action suit going against Nissan. I'm utterly disgusted that my vehicle has spent more time broken down over the last year than it has spent running properly. Nissan knows there's a problem and they're making good money fixing their own mistakes. The timing chain repairs need to be a recall immediately or Nissan needs to pay for their sub-par components in court.

Problem with timing chain
By nikmol on 04/18/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a whining noise from the engine when accelerate. When to the Nissan dealer today to ask about it, and it could be the wheels that the timing chain is running (bad bearing or something like that). It would cost around $1800 to fix it. Even if I have an extended warranty, it won't cover it, since it is wear parts. So this seems to be a common problem then. Should I car with only 70k mileage have to change the timing chain and belonging parts. I think there should be a recall about this. [non-permissible content removed.]

Nissan Engines design to require timing chain replaced after 100k miles
By ctylr12 on 04/14/12 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Nissan fan and loyal customer for 20 years. The 2007 Nissan Quest was a huge disappointment when it came to reliability. When I had the major service done at 105k miles, three Nissan dealers informed me that I needed a new timing chain kit and would cost $3,200. The purpose of a timing chain is to be maintenance free unlike timing belts. Nissan told me that this is a normal wear and tear item and is normal to replace every 100k + miles. My 2000 Infinity has 235k miles and never had a problem. Several independent mechanics have told me that all Nissan and Infinity vehicles after 2006 have poor engine design. It's a metal chain riding on plastic guiders. Purposely set up to fail

I loved and lost... 2007 Nissan Quest
By sports3mom on 01/09/12 13:50 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2007 Nissan Quest brand new off the dealers lot to replace a 2004 Nissan Quest which was wrecked in an accident. All was peachy ... I wanted a new car but didn't want to give up the space my Quest provided - I loved my minivan. (Trust me - if you know me then you know I was not the minivan type before.) But all of a sudden - my air conditioner started blowing at different speeds - the gears started whirring a bit... engine oil leak after 74,000 miles and rack and pinion oil leak. I contacted the dealer and of course, it's not covered. The used 2004 Nissan Quest was 100% better than my new 2007 Nissan Quest. To each his own, but I have moved on. Ciao to my first love.

2007 quest quality
By junkyride on 11/07/11 07:02 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Auto door did not work. Dealer repaired. Fuse block blew I had to fix $400. Major issue was front suspension components. Just replaced control arms, ball joints etc. $1150 my expense. I have worked for Nissan suppliers before and thought the quality would be there. Wrong! I will never buy another Nissan. Service from dealers is poor and very expensive ! Presently there is a shimmy and can't get it out. Beverage holder next to second row seating poorly thought out. Easy for someone to drag their rear end across them and break them. Worst job of Japanese engineering ever. Made in Japan now instead of Mississippi. No more Nissan's for me.

Nice at the begining, then deception!
By James on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle when I bought it: Nice design, comfort, fun to drive, and thinking about the Japanese quality I was expecting a really nice quality vehicle. But one month after the purchase the battery died, was replaced under the warranty but still a hassle. Then at 15,000 miles the reas sonar alarm sound died and I have to replace the speaker by myself. otherwise you ended paying around $300 to the dealer. Then at 28,000 miles the rear door mechanism broke, a poor soldering nut to the frame of the door. Then at 30,787 miles (just few days ago) the speedometer is showing a higher speed, the gauge does not come back to zero, so you ended with 10 miles more your current speed, want more.

The Need for More Room
By CarNut on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe we just purchased a minivan. That was our thought over a year ago once we found out the twins were on their way. With a total of 3 kids, a large dog, and places to be we needed a larger vehicle. We looked at SUVs, crossovers, and we kept coming back to the minivan. For the cost and versatility, it won us over. The Nissan does everything well. Great power off the line, good gas mileage for hauling all of us avg about 20. On highway trips avg 25-26 mpg. The DVD screen is a hit with our 3 yr old and the wife and I love the rear power door. You get a lot for your money on the "S" version versus other makes and models. We picked up a used one for a great deal.

Not LOL, but falling apart :(
By Nissan like Chrysler on 06/10/10 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worse Nissan my dad ever had. We had an Altima S 2004 went in to 70k with out major problems. It was salvage so we went for Quest 2007 with only like 16K. Problems very loud rattling noise from bottle holders between driver and pass seat! Piece of exterior flew away while driving. Air conditioner not working. The part keeps burning very fast after we buy it! Now at almost 30K we want to just get rid of it! Brake pads need to be replaced at almost 30K!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.