Used 2007 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Poor quality Nissan Quest
By taglarry

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new in 2007. The factory tires were bald at 25,000 miles and the brakes were worn to nothing at 27,000 miles. Just after the 36,000 mile warranty expired both front armrests fell off, the front cup holder broke, both sun visor light covers broke off, and an exterior trim piece fell off while driving. At about 50,000 miles the driver's side sun visor completely broke and two of the TPMS sensors had to be replaced. I just hit 80,000 miles and both front struts and the rear shocks had to be replaced. When compared to my other cars, this Nissan Quest is a constant problem.

Favorite Features

It has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Poor overall quality.

So much better than my 1999 Windstar
By bergolive

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2006. We realy liked the style and we trusted Nissan's reliability because we drove a 94 Altima all the way up to 250000kM with absolutely no trouble. We now have 150 000kM and had no major trouble. But everytime we had to go to the garage, repair were expensive due to lack of room around the motor. Cost 700$ to replace alternator a few months ago! The other annoying thing is that sliding doors freeze in winter. But overall, this van is so much better than our 99 Windstar that I cannot complain.

Favorite Features

Plenty of power, nice handling and style.

Suggested Improvements

Overall reliability

No major troubles....but
By sticks4

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had no major troubles, but brakes did seem to wear out fast. Alignment in the rear tires, the shop said they were wasn't enough adjustment left and could only get them close. Backseat drink holders were ripped off from the seats several times by our kids(poor design), Nissan declined to cover while it was under warranty. After reading a lot of horror stories as I debated holding on to this vehicle, a slight flutter in the idle convinced me to trade it in. Up to that point, really tires and brakes, no major repairs at 74,000. Body was just starting to rust, I don't think I would buy another Nissan. Traded it for a Honda crv!

Favorite Features

Comfortable, plenty of motor and good handling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage was not good!

Problem with timing chain
By nikmol

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a whining noise from the engine when accelerate. When to the Nissan dealer today to ask about it, and it could be the wheels that the timing chain is running (bad bearing or something like that). It would cost around $1800 to fix it. Even if I have an extended warranty, it won't cover it, since it is wear parts. So this seems to be a common problem then. Should I car with only 70k mileage have to change the timing chain and belonging parts. I think there should be a recall about this. [non-permissible content removed.]

The repairs just keep adding up
By rupkinmae

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm so disappointed in this van. Every time I think it's going to be okay, another expensive repair is required. We're throwing good money after bad on this vehicle now and we haven't even reached 90,000 miles. I have read more reviews than I can count regarding the timing chain issue. I think it's time to get a class action suit going against Nissan. I'm utterly disgusted that my vehicle has spent more time broken down over the last year than it has spent running properly. Nissan knows there's a problem and they're making good money fixing their own mistakes. The timing chain repairs need to be a recall immediately or Nissan needs to pay for their sub-par components in court.

Favorite Features

Interior spaciousness

Suggested Improvements

better mechanical equipment to keep vehicle running