Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE
By Steve

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE . It has the 5 speed manual transmission with powerful 4 cylinder engine which is also great on gas. I get a lot of nice compliments since I've had it.

Seat comfort is great and the truck style is nice. Four wheel disk brakes and a timing chain instead of rubber belt. That's what sold me on the truck.

Horn button should be near edge of steering wheel. And do not place body caulk near front of bed where drain channel are located because it blocks water from draining under bed liner near front R and L corners.

2005 Nissan
By Jo

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for 2 years now with 19,555 miles,bought new. Been an excellent truck for 2 years, no problems at all.Bought the basic XE with the 4cyl,stick with bedliner and bed caps, XE preferred package, and floor mats. Listed for 18090.00,paid 14500.Truck averages about 22 mpg,and is very comfortable to drive and handles well. Does fine on the highway, runs at 85 MPH with no problem and seems to be willing to offer more.This is my 3rd Nissan,but by far the best I have ever owned. I've waited 2 years to really judge the vehicle and I couldn't be happier

Look and size of the truck, willing to work,and has been super reliable.In 2 years this truck hasn't given me a bit of problems.

The window handles are in an awkward place,to recessed for me.Would like the light for the ignition to stay illuminated longer after closing the door.Pretty trivial I know,but had to say something.

Great Choice
By dalo

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

NISMO 4WD CC Sunroof plg, Off Road pkg, Radio pkg. Pros Rides taunt. Steering is very true. Handles Northeast weather and roads very well. Fit and finish are pretty nice. Room for 4. Rockford radio sound is very good. Controls are easy to use. Very happy with choice. Cons Needs driver armrest. Rubber floor mats instead of carpet. Haven't calculated mpg yet.

Looks, Ride, Radio, Power

Needs driver armrest. Rubber floor mats instead of carpet. Console is a bit funky. Make it so you can slide it forward and open to the side.

2005 Nissan SE Crew Cab 4x4
By Lee

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have my 2005 Nissan Frontier almost one and half years now. I really enjoy driving this truck. Four wheels driving is exciting. I drove in the mountain when I was in Idaho, this truck gives me enough confidence to climb high mountain and handling is quite good. I really have nothing to complain about this truck.

4 wheels drive and cruise control.

Still my favorite vehicle
By fronteeer

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After about a year and a half of owning this truck, I love it even more than when it was new, because I've had a chance to haul and tow with it, I've routinely driven it in deep snow, taken it off-road, and loaded and unloaded an ATV and a motorcycle several times. After 47,000 Km (~29,200 mi) I've really come to appreciate the incredible balance Nissan has struck between car-like handling and performance, and truck-like utility. This is my daily commuter, and I can't say enough about the comfort, handling, versatility, and that incredible engine. I'm glad I bought a mid-size. I get great MPG and I can pull a 30ft. camping trailer with an ATV in the back and three passengers with luggage.

Tough, durable bedliner; useful tie-downs; under-seat storage and folding options; comfortable front seats; superb handling; quiet interior; fantastic in snow w/4WD; big tires and rims; traction control; solid build quality and materials; sporty and responsive steering and suspension for a truck.

All Nissan needs to do to create the perfect blend of car, truck and SUV, is add a few inches of legroom to the rear seats and recline the seat backs a little more. The bodywork should be less prone to chips, dents and scratches. One shouldn't have to keep adjusting the heat and A/C for comfort.