2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Frontier Crew Cab 4wd 6spd
By simple7 on 05/09/06 10:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck! I was all set to buy the toyota but hesitated at the price and unwillingness of the dealership to make a deal. After directly comparing both trucks side by side at the dealershp and driving them back to back, I thought the Nissan was a better truck, and a better price. I have hauled huge loads, taken long road trips and even rallycrossed the truck and it never lets me down. Its just a great utility vehicle and just happens to be fun to drive as well.

Exceeds my expectations
By ShiverMeTimbers on 05/06/06 06:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my LE '05 CC for just over 4 months now (first truck ever) and couldn't be happier. The truck sells itself, even impressing some dyed-in-the-wool american brand only types. I think this truck might last as long as my old volvo (200k+ miles). As for the reviewers complaining about the ride, you really need to ride in a sport sedan like my wife's Maxima SE!! If you want a car that floats along the road, you need to buy a Lincoln.

best truck ever
By Mikey_Missles_41102 on 05/02/06 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

this is by far the best truck i've ever owned. no more american made for me!!!

I love this truck.
By Jim on 04/27/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Two days arfter purchasing this truck I drove from Dallas to Seattle. Since then, I've driven to San Francisco, Las Vegas, Missouri and New Mexico. I've never had a problem. I take it off road frequently and love it. I wish I would have gotten an off-road package, but I'm still very happy with it.

My first nissan
By BOBRAT on 03/23/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first foreign vehicle. Always been a chevy man. Worked for gm for over 23 years. I love this truck. The 265 hoarses are great. I may never go off-road, but i know if i have to, i can. And i can't wait for a serious snow storm!!!!!

Best truck yet!
By mauifrontier on 03/18/06 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck! After 4 months of ownership, it's still a blast to drive and so nice to look at. Very off road capable and comfortable. My previous truck was an '03 Tacoma xtra cab 4x4. I was perfectly happy with that until driving this truck. I'm so glad that Nissan is getting back on track creating exciting and and attractive vehicles again! It reminds me of the products they had in the early 90's. Keep up the good work Nissan!

Great to Drive
By FRONTIER LOVER on 03/12/06 09:27 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 Frontier for the 2005 model. After reading the Edmunds Reviews along with my experience with the 2000 there was no other choice. I looked at the Toyota Tundra and Tacoma, the Dodge Ram Series and those that GM had to offer, which confirmed my thoughts about the 2005 Frontier. I like the overall rugged looks of the exterior, the well laid out interior, its performance and roadability. I try to find reasons to get it out on the road and enjoy the drive. Best choice I ever made.

Still very happy one year later
By psl on 03/11/06 16:25 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I realize one year is hardly a long-term test (even though the magazines call it long-term). Still, it's long enough to shake out the bugs and recover from any love-at-first-drive infatuation. I still love driving this truck! The handling beats any 4WD vehicle I've tried, and it has so much power and torque it still sometimes surprises me. The 6- spd gives me the best of both worlds: a very low 1st gear for the steep terrain I live in and for towing, and an overdrive 6th for high-speed rural interstate driving without killing the gas mpg. Besides, the stick is just a blast to control; I'll never buy an automatic unless there is no other choice. No regrets about my purchase!

New Frontier...1 year later
By Bob on 02/27/06 19:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I am very happy w/this truck. I love the high seating position and powerful engine. The mileage is disappointing for a 6 cylinder, about 14.5 mpg around town, 17-18 on the highway. The turning radius is also too big, bigger than my Chevy Tahoe. The driver's window control switches need to be replaced (under warranty) and a new circuit had to be added to the towing package (at no cost). I feel confident driving this truck in all weather conditions.

A manly truck indeed
By cbrown on 02/23/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have beaten the heck out of this truck on many rough and desolate west Texas roads. The truck performs flawlessly. Its locking rear differential gets me in and out of situations normally reserved for 4WD vehicles. Whether cruising 85+ mph on the interstate or slowly clawing through a dry wash, this truck is amazing. It is absolutely the finest truck I have ever owned. You can spend a heck of a lot more for other makes without coming close to the value this truck offers. It is exceptional in appearance, features and performance. Do yourself a favor if you are in the market for a truck. Test drive a Nissan NISMO. You will be amazed by Nissan engineering. I am. Thanks...