2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Great Car!
By BigRuss on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and it drives great! It gets about 27 miles per gallon. I haven't had any problems with it, except the steering wheel would shake around 75mph. But that stopped when I had the wheels rebalanced and rotated. Very good car for the price it is going for.

Liking this one!!
By chridan on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This car is great, haven't had any problems with it and we drive it everywhere. The only concern is how the value has dropped, it better hold up cause we are stuck with it.

COOL IF YOU RIDE ALONE
By meeka on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

DURING MY 3 1/2 YRS OF OWNERSHIP,OVERALL THE VEHICLE IS RELIABLE.IT'S VERY SMALL INSIDE. I'M A FEMALE, AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR FOR GUYS OR FAMILY UNITS. IT'S LIKE A FEMALES GOING AWAY TO COLLEGE GIFT OR FIRST CAR. MY STRUTS ALSO WENT AT 30,OOO MILES WHICH IS UNHEARD OF. UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY.

Mits GTZ
By sprcoop on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

fun to drive with gas mileage that improved with age

Whoo HOOOO
By Beebop on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

The Galant blends a stylish exterior with superior performance and an adequate interior.

Great review
By Tim Cook on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

Excellent car that is fun to drive. Great reliability.

KG's Galant
By King George on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

Overall, I am happy with my Galant. The V6 is a sweet engine. Smooth with decent power. Too bad you can't get it with a manual. It's a good handler. I have realized that I should have bought the LS version since it would have been cheaper than going the aftermarket route for alloys and a decent stereo. This is my first Japanese car and I am impressed with its build quality and reliability. I have owned Volkswagens and American cars previously. Other than recalls, I have not had to take my Galant in for anything. It did have warped rotors and I have replaced them with Powerslot rotors and the brakes work fantastic.

Galiant Galant
By Nsdqmstr on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

My other car is a Mitsubishi 3000GT - So the inherent ride quality of the Galant is a little cushy as I sometimes take corners as if I'm in the three thou. There are many great things to list - Picking one, I'd say the styling vs. price ratio. From certain angles (grill excluded) you'd think it was a BMW! I like that.

Solid, Reliable Automobile
By Morrissey on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Interior space somewhat limited - a 5 passenger automobile only if three of the 5 are 10 years old or less. The ride is somewhat noisy - I made the mistake of driving this car after having driven the Camry. With those two caveats, this is a wonderful automobile. After nearly three years of ownership, I have no other complaints - and I knew those two things (interior space and road noise) beforehand. It is well constructed, solid, and attractive. It has been money well spent, and has been as reliable as an anvil.

My first new car
By Deborahp on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

I love my mitsu. Dont see a lot of GTZ's, in fact I had to purchase mine in a different state. This was the most car for the money and of course the special financing of 0.9. I have to buy a new one now as I need to give this one to my daughter, but I can't find anything to compare with all this had to offer, except another mitsu.