Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Love it!!
By joecool69

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I have had mine for 4 years and it truly is a wonderful car. I named him Jack because he's a jack-of-all-trades. Comfortable, I still get 24 mpg in city and 37-40 hwy, reliable and just a good car. It's amazing. Never any real problems. I even was hit by a drunk driver going 57-60 mph and was not hurt except for a minor concussion and that was only because my car hit a tree in the back and I went forward. Had it completely restored and am still driving it now. Amazing!

Steering control.

Motorized seat belts.

Fun car
By Britt

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I have loved this car!! I bought it a few years ago, and I have had minor problems. The biggest one was probably that the coil went bad, but ever since then it has just been tightening of belts and routine maintance. It takes a lot of abuse from me. I have to admit I'm one of those aggressive drivers. So I'm not the easiest on the car and it still does great. It has a lot of get up and go when you need it. I have put about 40,000 miles on it since I've had it and it runs great. The A/C could be a little colder.

I would have to say I really like the cup holders. They may look small, but they can hold pretty big cups. I've put a 44 oz in one, and it fits snug but it holds it very well. But overall the car is very well designed.

I would just say a little better gas mileage, but part of that is me. Another thing is just the A/C could be a little colder.

Runs Like A Top
By summer

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

109,000 miles and this car runs like a top. Other than oil changes and new tires (once), I've never had to do a thing to it, and I am not good about regular maintenance. The exterior is showing some wear - passenger side door handles are loose, body side trim came off in the car wash. If you are looking for a car that will start every single day and get you where you need to be all the time, this is the car. The resale value is bad but works to your advantage as the buyer. I'm looking for a newer one now. I've never owned anything as reliable as this car. Gas mileage is OK, accelerates quickly, ride is good.

Peppy 4 cyl., tremendous reliability, handles well in rain, snow and ice.

Better gas mileage.

A lemon turned to lemonade
By EFL

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I bought it new and had minor problems to start (the liner around the sunroof kept popping out). It is still not right to this day BUT, what a great car it turned out to be. I put over 207,000 miles on it with just regular maintenance and upkeep. But the one time I didn't do what I should have (change timing belt), wouldn't you know it, thats what blew. So now it's in the shop and I'm not expecting good news. The engine is probably shot. But up to its last day it was driving great, getting 28-29 mpg and no issues. I got more than a few tire changes, brakes, normal wear and tear but overall I was very happy with it.

The reliability, good gas mileage, and looks.

Maneuvering the driver's side seat belt into the lock was a pain because it's so low into the seat. Maybe give it a better stereo.

Very Poor Quality Car
By BHL311

2000 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I feel sorry for all Gallant owners! You think you have such a great car now, wait until four or five years from now when your clear coat breaks down and Mitsubishi won't do a thing about it because it is out of warranty! Be aware and stay away from Mitsubishi if you have not purchased one yet! It is a joke! Not only did it happen to me it happened to another person in the same apartment building! Stay away from Mitsubishi! They don't believe in QUALITY!