2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Love My Mits
By CHIKNBOO53 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I have ever owned. There have been no mechanical problems, it performs well under all circumstances. The mileage on my car are 85% hard (city driving) and it doesn't seem to mind at all (even though it do love the open road!)

Poor Black Paint and cracking dashboard
By durbolie on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

Oxidized paint and 3 cracks in the dashboard. Black eclipse with oxidized paint. been painted now a few times by the dealership ( contracted out ). Paint is not oxidized, but still looks bad. dashboard still has 3 cracks, but the dealership states the heat from the southeastern US caused it. anyone else with these problems...contact Mitsubishi and complain.

more than i expected
By deepnite on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

i bought this car used with the premium package..its got everything in it..i was surprised at how much punch the motor had though ive gotten used to it and wish for more..i love this car and its the only one that get the use of the garage

Great Car
By rate it on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Incredible vehicle...not one problem with 60k+ on the car...great power, handles great, incredibly smooth ride, fuel/mileage incredible... Blows the Cougar and Celica out of the water...not even in the same class!

Not As Fun As It Looks
By chacha on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought new from dealer. Besides all 4 tires blowing out, no major problems until now. Things in/on dash are starting to wiggle & jiggle, and a $1000.00 clutch problem has developed at 50,000 mi. Is this the beginning of the end? Fun to drive & turns heads, but has also been the target of 2 acts of vandalism and hit & runs. Awful commuting car, guzzles gas, carries high insurance, and has no resale value. Sportronic tranny is boring & annoying to use(downshifts automatically).Don’t open hatchback after rain, H2O drains directly into trunk (mold). I’m getting rid of mine before it falls to pieces. It’s not as fun as it looks.

Such a fun car!
By Va Beach on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I love my doodle-mobile! It's cute, fun, reliable and an overall pleasure to drive. It's a perfect single person's car. And, the hatch provides ample space for luggage or just about anything you need to haul. My next car will be an upgrade to the GTS . . Mitsubishi did it right with this cutie!

2000 Eclipse GT
By kermit on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

It is a very reliable car for me. I have had no problems with it. It gets me where I wanna go in style.

all I can asked
By sakaw on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

just good..I love my car so much..already do some mod to her and more will come

don't buy it...
By say-no-to-mitsu on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Because of this car, I will NEVER buy another Mitsubishi. This was the worse car I've ever had - and that's compared to the one I paid $700 for when I was a teenager. Reasons I don't like this car: - Passenger seat won’t lock into place. - The buttons continually fall off the dashboard and the sunroof controls - The plastic cover over the back of the seat falls off. - The thing always sounds like it has a hole in the muffler. - It always stinks - it's got a slight antifreeze smell. - The glove box wont stay closed. - too cramped inside. - school buses have a better turning radius. I had to terminate my lease 6 monthss early - I couldn't take it anymore!

Eclipse GT 90K Still Prefect
By John D. Min on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought the V6 GT loaded! I know I might be the exception, but the car has been awesome and free of problems. The new styling is beautiful and the car (manual) is fun to drive. I owned a BMW 325i, but I enjoy this car more, the fit and finish is better and though the balance and control on the Bimmer was tighter, I paid thousands less. Now I have over 90,000 miles, I have had no mechanical problems. I still have the original brake pads, timing belts, spark plugs, everything. The only thing the car goes through is tire wear (17" V), I am on my third set. Hopefully I won't jinx myself, but I love this car.