2008 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: Wild Maus (mouse)

2008 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Wild Maus (mouse)
By JimH on

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second burgundy Mini. My first was a 1967 that I brought back from Europe. Both cars were/are go- carts. The '67 cornered better, but was underpowered. The '08 has the power but it overpowers the steering. No complaints, mine you! Lord, what a fun car to drive. By the way, the title refers to a carnival ride, "The Wild Maus." It would snap your head off your shoulders, if you weren't careful. Read the complaints: Bumpy ride: It is a sports car - dodge them. Limited space: drop the back seats and think again. Odd radio controls: It has a radio? - who knew! I love to hear it purr!

Third Gear: The exhaust resonance is perfect, you are going 50+ and you know that you have three more gears. Drop Down Seats: The thing becomes a mini stationwagon. 3 suitcases, boogie boards and a cooler- or a weeks load of groceries.

More dealerships is all I can think of. I do have some electronic bugs with auto up windows and the passenger airbag light - but my first visit to the dealer will handle those, I hope.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review