2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Boxster Killer
By Da-Works on 01/04/06 13:09 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased my Pepper White John Cooper Works MINI S last May and Iíve had a permagrin ever sense. The performance is almost scary and surprising to many who try to follow me on a back road. If you're thinking of buying a MINI, do it. It's more than just another sports car. The build quality is excellent and, so far, the reliability has been great. I bought my car with several features that the autocrosser would think of ordering. Full sunroof, upgraded seats and auto ac/heat, as well as auto headlights dimming rear view mirror, etc. Overall the added features make the car a great cruiser and weekend get-away car.

Best Litle Car I have Ever Seen
By nick on 12/27/05 18:53 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my MINI Cooper for 9 months and it the best car I have ever driven. I always get looks, get stoped, and get compliments on it. People are always asking "Where did you get it and how much it cost?" When I tell them, I can see that I have made a new Mini owner.

Fun to drive, needs better build quality
By Sun195 on 12/27/05 18:10 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We've had a 5-speed MINI Cooper for about a year. It's a lot of fun to drive around town and twisty roads, but not very comfortable on long trips. The gas milage has been "ok", but not great. The build quality is seriously lacking - wheel center caps fell off, rattles all over the interior, problems getting car into reverse. If you buy one of these, make sure your dealer provides good service - our local dealer has been difficult to work with and they are only dealer in state. We had better luck driving out of state for service, which needless to say is not very convenient. I expected much better service and build quality from a subsidary of BMW.

Jasmine's mini
By Jaye on 12/03/05 02:19 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Although it isn't a car I would drive from Washington State to California again, it is an excellent car for commuting and driving around town. So much fun to drive.

I get MINI withdrawal ....
By JennyK325 on 10/27/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used. It needed a tire speed sensor installed at 18,000 miles. Since then, it has been great. The first owner did not treat the car kindly. Other MINI owners wave or honk every time they pass. I look forward to driving my car. It's fun to take out on curvy roads, similar to driving a comfortable go-cart. I did have one passenger too large to fit in the car, but otherwise it's big enough for everything else -- grocery shopping is not a problem, nor is transporting 3 teenage boys! The hatch lid hides whatever is in there providing extra security.

Spunky Little Car
By Laurence Ewing on 10/25/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a fun car and now with the price of gasoline, it is an economical car to drive. I am very happy with the way it handles, especially on curves. I really don't think the car can be rolled. It is a little rough riding, but I think that is mainly due to the "run flat tires" on my car. I like how the door windows seal themselves, which reduces wind noise. The car is easy to clean and care for. It is suprising how much one can place in the back; even more if the rear seats folded down. It is a great car!

AMAZING
By Jeff on 10/24/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My Mini cost me about $21,000 with tax, title, ect. and I would have paid $50,000. This car has more value and performance than most would belive possible for it's price range. It is easily comprable to more expenisive veichles and without question more stylish. A++ RECOMENDED FOR ALL!~

Blue and White is Alright
By colt's fan on 10/05/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have a one hour commute to work that used to be boring - now it's a blast. The gas mileage isn't great (30+/-), especially at premium prices but the fun I have balances that out. One side benefit, most people who see it, smile. When they say it's "cute" i say "no it's understated".

2005 MINI Cooper
By pedro fonseca on 10/02/05 22:46 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do no like the CVT, it has have a little hersitation. I also expect better gas mileage in the city with highway 22. It uses only premium gas, which is the most expensive. However, this car is fun to drve, very good ar 70 or 80 miles per hour, very stable, has good pick up and passing ability. I'd give it an eight out of ten.

Fun to drive
By Alice Cooper on 09/29/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am 6 feet tall and my Mini is very comfortable, fun to drive and I love all the features. The warranty is great.