2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLK-Class model:
Love the car!
By camille on 04/17/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just came off a 3 year lease of a BMW x3. Looking for a smaller SUV like the Mercedes 350 GLK. This car drives sooo much smoother than my X3! Even my husband fell in love with the car. I feel so safe in this solid car. I have the black and silver running boards on a black car. Very smart looking. I am soooo happy!!!

Everything I expected
By Dean on 04/11/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had been looking at this vehicle since it hit the MBUSA website in 6/08. I loved the styling inside and out. I got the premium package 1 with navigation and I-pod. Everything has worked like a dream since I purchased in 11/09. I drive very conservatively and have been able to get 22 average mpg in city/highway driving. I have been waiting to write a review until I took it on a road trip. On a 2000 mile trip I still only got 22.5 mpg. Not too disappointed though since it was so much fun to drive. I also purchased chrome handle inserts and rubber floor mats. The chrome inserts add a touch of class and the floor mats will add durability because I plan on having this car a long time.

Almost missed out
By tribefan on 04/11/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We had looked at and test drove the RX350 and Q5. We had decided on buying the Q5 when my wife saw an ad for the GLK. As soon as we got in the car and drove the first quarter mile I was sold. It is a solid, quiet, well built car. Although the GLK is not as big as the RX350 and Q5 I am 6 foot 240 lbs and have plenty of room whether in the driver, passenger, or back seat. Love the heated seats and COMMAND system. Noticed others have commented on brake and transmission problems. I have had none, brakes and trans are solid just like the rest of the car. What struck me was you do not have to raise your voice to be heard, even at freeway speeds. Beautiful car.

Saw it, Bought it Love it
By ruth on 03/27/10 15:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car handles well in the city. I love the interior as well as the exterior. It certainly is not a family car , but I didn't purchase it for a family. I bought it for me. And I love it. The only down side is gas mileage. I don't sit in the , so I can't complain about the leg room. I haven't had any service related problems at all. The add oil light came on once. I added the oil and kept driving. I'm totally sold on this car.

Wow-Get one before they raise the price
By Dr.Vin on 03/22/10 18:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I got this vehicle on a day that a major storm ravaged the NJ area. I had to get out of Dodge quickly and I packed the kids, dog, etc. into the new Merc. I was thrilled with the vault-like stability and the "hewn from a block of granite" feel. Features are terrific. The voice- activated "COMMAND" system is the best I've experienced. This thing makes my Range Rover almost obsolete.(almost) Years of trauma surgery makes me want to have my family in a tank, and the GLK feels like exactly that. Bonus- this thing handles better than the CLK CAB that I traded for--and worlds more practical. The fact that the GLK is assembled in Bremen is readily apparent. After years of complacency MB is back.

Great Car
By tampcm on 03/18/10 04:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Fantastic car - good compromise between utility and fun to drive. Impeccable build quality. Very happy with the purchase.

German Tank
By Steve on 02/27/10 21:12 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car. It feels like it's been carved from a solid block of steel. Absolutely nothing rattles. I've had this car for a year and nothing has gone wrong with it. It has great acceleration and it handles the road well for an SUV. If anything, the steering is too lively when you first drive it. I get 22 mpg on the highway (80 mph)and 16 mpg in the city. Mine is black with the 19" wheels and the dealer threw in tinted windows. The car looks so much better in person than it does in photographs. I test drove a Lexus, Land Rover, and BMW. I liked this SUV better. I have read other people here complain about brakes, but my brakes have been fine. It's done everything I've asked of it.

Paint and body work worst than anything
By Calcium on 02/21/10 17:02 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Don't buy Mercedes. I have S550 and GLK350 Both purchased new. The S550 got very bad transmission when shift in automatic from 2nd to 3rd gear. Engine vibrate and shake the whole car when unexpected. Rear tires only last 10K miles. it always wear out in the center, I use recommended tire pressure of 35psi. GLK350 Very bad paint job. The clear coat got dust all over the car. The hood gap on left and right are at least 1/2 different. It's a brand new car, this kind of gap only happens on car with front end accident. You don't expect these problem from brand new Mercedes!

Could be better
By Hatrick on 02/19/10 08:25 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had this SUV for a year now and I must admit that MB has not yet sorted out transmission and brakes on this model. It seems that "electronic brain" is not governing transmission shifts correctly and is very evident during "stop and go" traffic: 1-to-2 gear shift, during downshift or at brake time. Just touching the brakes, creates an immediate and unnecessary downshift, sometimes more than one gear. Good vehicle for someone who does not care how it drives - just gets there. Although, it is very good in the snow. During cold weather, electronic cluster displays erroneous messages (Low Coolant and Washer Level) and front shocks made strange noise, until the car warms up.

Worst car ever!!!!!!!!!!!
By mp on 02/15/10 15:48 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV GLK350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great service at the dealer, got hypnotized by the Mercedez salesman. Got the car, big disappointment. The fuel economy is the worst, no leg room in the rear seat. Can't go on a long trip with this car. You have to press brakes long before stopping. No luxurious at all. Front seats very small. 6' male won't fit. This is not a suv feels, this is like a little car, just to go and buy groceries. Just because it got the Mercedez emblem, that's not mean is driven and feel like a Mercedez. Doesn't come with seat warmers, to open the car you'll would have to open all the locks, not just the drivers. You'll have to open the locks, when in vehicle to release passengers in back seat. Big mistake.