2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
New to MB
By srpastor1 on 03/27/11 04:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

It's been a month since I traded my Lexus LS430 sedan for a 2011 GL 450 SUV. I researched the luxury SUV segment for more than 6 months. I ordered it with the P2 option, entertainment center and other luxury options. After 1000 miles, I realize that German engineering is very different from Japanese. The GL is very quiet, roomy and an attention getter. The drivetrain is excellent and smooth. It is awkward getting in and out of the cabin. Sitting high is excellent for urban driving. Overall, I like this vehicle but am still acclimating to MB luxury. It meets my needs for additional seating with a luxury nameplate. As I expected, the gas mileage is consistent with this segment.

Delightful Improvements
By beechtiger on 01/20/11 14:09 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I was delighted with significant improvements in Mercedes GL450 in the last few years. The firm seats are comfortable for both short and long distance driving. As a previous Land Cruiser owner, I am mighy pleased with the third row seats in GL450 as compared to Land Cruiser. It was a very simple push-button to set up the third row seats.

Seduced by Styling
By rcf8000 on 12/28/10 05:20 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

The GL is a mixed bag of the great and not so great. The latter would include the ride quality and road noise, although my car has the 20 inch wheels and runflat tires, which may be worse than the standard 19 inch wheels. I find the seats to be a bit too firm, but then I find most luxury car seats to be too firm. The nav screen is a joke. It's too small, and the lettering is too small. And I can't read it at all when wearing sun glasses. But the guidance to programmed destinations works well. My car has the running boards, which make getting in and out somewhat awkward. They look good though!

Grey Ghost aka GL450
By terp97 on 12/06/10 17:38 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Turned in 08 for a new 11 and once again very happy. Navigation is improved but still short of Acura/Lexus. Rear Entertainment screens are nicer but placement is horrible. They should have stayin the headrest. DVD in the center counsel is great location and it would be nice to control the DVD playback from the command not just from one of two remotes. It would be nice if the 550 grill and fender flares could be had as in option. The grill is massive and really sets the GL off with out sucking up all that gas like the 550 not that the 450 is any better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class in VA is:

$138 per month*