2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

E320 CDI 3.2L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic - (62 reviews )
the mb
By ry ry on 12/07/04 22:38 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

from the moment i drove my e class mercedes off the lot i knew that it was something special about this car. i went a hour out of the way of my house before i took it home to show my wife. when i pulled it into the garage i honestly didnt want to get out. the new e class diesel is nothing like you'd expect from a disel car.

cdi
By pag100 on 12/01/04 20:47 PM (PST)

This is the finest mb. What a car!!!

This can't be a diesel
By canfield on 11/16/04 19:47 PM (PST)

Remarkably quiet, incredibly powerful and fun to drive. This is my first new Mercedes, bought with the idea it will have to last several years. I don't think I'll be disappointed. I'm 6'6'' tall and look forward to long trips in this car. It's that comfortable and a joy to drive.

E320 Diesel Rocks
By Rich Birckbichler on 11/06/04 14:31 PM (PST)

Love drive and feel. Get 600 miles + per tank which really saves time at the pump (and cash). Car simply looks classy, even when dirty. Issues w/known quality problems with power window mechanism. Both rear windows became disconnected, the right side twice. Dealer says Mercedes knows, but they have not found fix. Car stalls when gas is pressed to far which is an issue for pulling into traffic. Fog lights have an inherent fault as does the A/C sensor on the outside. Bumber cover for winter heater plug and tow ring falls off and is expensive to replace. However, no other car beats its styling, so faults can be overlooked.

Solid German tank
By gyndoc on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Our family has owned three MB diesels, one reaching 530K miles (Ford truck hit it, o/w would still be driving it). Safety was our primary reason for puchase, along with MB durability. This Benz is typical solidity, heft ad assurance. There is some diesel grunt to the engine,but at 80 mph, it's actually quiter tha the gasoline sister. Torque is breath taking.

Benz Rules!
By J Meisner on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

What a Car! First Benz and am regretting didn't step up years ago. Genuine pleasure to drive, quiet in and out. Average fuel economy since start 30.3 mpg at average city/hiway speed of 53 mph. 0-60 in less than 7 sec., plenty of torque, incredible for a diesel. Would recommend this car to all.

A better car than I expected...
By usapete on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I had owned a 2002 Mercedes C240. All the news and great reviews on the new Diesel model caught my attention. I went for it. The 2002 C240 was a great car. I did not expect any car could get better - but the 2005 Mercedes E320 CDI Diesel is fantastic!

Best Ever!
By Gmesetmtch1 on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

After having driven this car for a few months and reflecting on my ownership experience with previously owned upscale sedans I have determined this is, by far, the best car I have ever had. Mercedes has done an excellent job of engineering and elimininating all the negatives one may have heard about a diesel car. I defy you to find a better combination of performance, luxury and value!

Fantastic Car
By JSchwartz on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

We have had for one month. Combination of city (DC-Baltimore) and highway (I95) driving. Fun to drive, fuel economy is fantastic. This is our 2nd Mercedes and we love it.

Who Needs a Hybrid?
By JRLind on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent Car--Great Drivetrain. American drivers won't believe it's a diesel. This car seems too good to be true. It is quiet, economical, luxurious and powerful.