Gosh, I love this car!
By Midwest Merc Lover on
1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan
This is my 4th Mercedes, my 3rd diesel. Wow, they got this one right. It's powerful, reasonably quiet, dead simple to maintain, and the parts aren't bad at all. Bought her with 235k on her, and did ball joints, tie rod ends, brake line ends, and an epic cleaning. Changed the oil and coolant several times, cleaning out the sins of the previous owner. I've put 10k miles on in 6 months, and nothing but smiles. I hit 40 mpg on a 800 mile road trip in October, and nailed 41 mpg on a 400 mile trek later that month! The daily commute gets 36 mpg in the summer, down to 31 in the winter. She's big, she's bad, she's comfortable, and the wife even likes her. Worth the steep price.
Favorite Features
Traction control is spooky good. Antilock works great. Love those heated seats. Cheap to insure, cheap to run. Galvanized body is holding up well. Compatible with low sulphur diesel!
Suggested Improvements
Sunroof does not look to be correctly aligned when closed, but does not leak. Headlight wiper motor burnt out in icy conditions. Why didn't it pop the fuse?