If you can't afford the Millennium Falcon
By wolvesq on
2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)
I always wanted to be a fighter pilot, but couldn't qualify thanks to defective eyesight. So I compensated and bought a C63 sedan. The raison d'etre of this car is the its bellowing, angry, demonic V8. Lay into it and the thrust is unreal; life-affirming if you're into that sort of thing. Much more low end torque than a non-turbo 911 (my former car,) an M3 (which I test drove,) or almost anything else south of $100k. An M3 is more lithe and a better track car, but for day to day driving, I think the C63 is near perfect if you enjoy a T-Rex under your hood. I picked the sedan over the coupe for practical and aesthetic reasons. Note you pay the inevitable mileage tax for the insane power
Favorite Features
The engine. It's supposed to be hand built by AMG engineers but I think AMG has a secret portal to the underworld in its factory where it buys them off rogue devils who liberate them from Beazlebub's assembly line. Also the interior is pretty top grade, a big step over the 2011 model. Also the steering wheel is nicely designed, and I love that you can get the seats with Alcantara inserts (though they call it something other than Alcantara in MBese) which I strongly prefer to leather.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is awful, as in Mac truck awful, but it may be unavoidable in this kind of naturally-aspirated V8. Warp speed don't come cheap. MB will likely replace the engine with a turbo'd V8 in future generations to bump up the mileage features, but it's likely to affect the sound quality. Also, the ride is on the harsh side. The M3 does a better job of balancing a sporty suspension with comfort.