2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
C230 in San Antonio
By Todds on 04/05/06 19:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The car is a pleasure to drive. It has a lot of pep for a 4 cyl. The Kompreser kicks in and you can feel it take off. Everything about it is automatic makeing it easy to drive. The car handles well in the rain.

Not a Single Problem in Over a Year!
By tweeze on 04/04/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my C320 Sport Coupe for 14 months now and have never had any problems. The only time it has gone to the dealer is for it's first oil change at 1 year - that I find amazing in itself! Service is only required every 13,000 miles or 12 months. Very fun to drive, very good road-holding. Dealership has treated me like a king. I was a little apprehensive to buy a Benz because of Consumer Reports giving them a bad rating. My personal experience, though, has been this is the first new car I have ever owned that has never had to go to the dealer for any adjustments or fixes. Talk about a carefree ownership experience!

My first Benz
By swest18102 on 03/31/06 07:36 AM (PST)

This is my first Benz and it sure won't be my last. I just returned from a trip out west and was very impressed at my fuel mileage of 35mpg running 80mph hwy. It was a joy to drive 10hrs straight in.

C-Class
By alc on 03/21/06 15:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Very smooth ride for a smallish car. Quick acceleration and excellent handling. I love the styling

Interior Leather Quality
By sonny on 03/20/06 02:09 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great car but few problems since I bought the car. Engine is excellent. Interior leather is not of a good quality especially arm rest and center console-peeling. Other small problems such as sensors malfunctions.

Benz05
By ppbw on 02/18/06 15:02 PM (PST)

Everything runs excellent. Winter snow tires are the only problem I've encountered. The '05 model need a wider wheel for the front tires, for that reason, I added the spacer for the front wheel snow tires.

Stock price for AMG look!
By jamesvtm on 02/13/06 18:40 PM (PST)

It's my first MB. Previous car was a '96 BMW 328i. So my comparison is 2 top notch performers. After almost 6000 miles I have no complaints about MB.

2005 C240 4matic
By cnyc on 02/09/06 15:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for about 4 months, and it's a great ride. Acceleration from a stop could be a little quicker, but once you get up to speed, this car rides nice. The 4Matic works great in the snow, and heavy rain. The car feels extremely solid for a smaller luxury car, and it handles very nicely. The interior design for 2005 makes a big difference, and looks much better than Audi, or BMW.

Excellent Customer Service
By Luis F. Montalvo on 02/02/06 21:14 PM (PST)

Had a 2005 C230 Kompressor with a total of 7 uncheduled visits to the Service department, 4 of them related to a problem with the check engine light and loss of engine power. The vehicle had around 7000 miles when problems started and this week had to trade in with 10000 miles. I traded for another Mercedes Benz 2006 C280. Even when I had lost of problems with the C230k , I loved this car and would not hesitate to have it back. I think I just had a bad one from a bunch.

Mecedes 230 Kompressor
By Phil T on 02/01/06 02:53 AM (PST)

The car is "zippy." It feels very nimble on the road and around corners, especially in parking lots with its wheels-turn-in directional steering. I used to have an Infiniti G35 Sedan and it always felt cubersome driving around town. The Mercedes is fun in terms of acceleration because it gives you the boost with sound without immediately taking you over the speed limit. Great for someone who commutes through 40 mph zones 90% of the time.