Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Fun to own...driving is Fabulous !
By Tania Tanjal

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am not good with big cars, I found this C Class to be a perfect fit. Parking inside the garage as well as in parking lots is very convenient. Driving this Compressor is just a lot of fun ! It corners with zest. It does take off and comes up onto the highway very eagerly. Visiblity is very good for me. Even fuel efficiency is great since gas prices are dreary. Enjoy, get one.

The quieteness and comfort of the car is very much appreciated. The comfort of the driver's seat is so well contoured. It simply hugs you. The quick get up and go !

Perhaps a bit interior roominess. How they can do it I have no idea but I traded my Camry for this one. Outside size was similar but the Camry seemed roomier ?

Excellent Used Car.
By LJKelley

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a pristine 2005 used C240 4Matic in 2007 and have been extremely thrilled by the car and service from MB. Drives great, interior is the best in its class and I think the exterior is very iconic. The 4matic has been a great feature for the Snow here in Rochester, NY. The car is extremely solid and you feel very safe no matter your driving conditions.

I have always enjoyed the indash LCD thats gives you complete control of your car including check your oil level if desired. The feel of this car is great and handles great in the snow.

I think fuel economy is always a thing to be improved in this day and age. Also I wiring for a phone system can be expensive though new 2008 C Classes have phone features standard.

I like this car
By Fray Castulo

Love the mileage, 24 in the city, up to 35 on I-95 with performance. Mine is a 6 speed manual. Love to accelerate in 2nd gear. Stability is super and so is breaking. Would change it only for another C class.

Mileage

Paint protection underbody

Great Car - Bad Tires
By D. Parent

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car. However, in spite of the fact that I drive it less than 12,000 miles a year, and always on well-kept expressways, I have had to replace 4 of my Continental tires in the past 15 months for bulges in the sidewalls "caused by pot holes" according to my MB service rep!

Drives like a dream - in spite of it's smaller engine. A long trip is a pleasure.

Continental tires are really poor quality, and the manufacturer doesn't stand behind them - very subject to bulges in side walls.

A fun to drive fuel efficient hatch
By Dmitry

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Wanted to share with everyone my experience with the 2005 C230 coupe. Bought the car when it had 17000 miles from a Nissan dealer. So far have put 11000 more miles. No problems at all. Best of all the fuel economy on the car is superb. I usually get 300-320 miles out of a tank combined city/highway driving. And I live in NYC. That should say a lot. Car has great handling, not very fast, but I think it's because I have an auto, not a stick. Nonetheless for someone who wants a Benz that is compact, problem- free and fun to drive I really recommend the car. One other feature I like is that it comes from factory with a sport exhaust. Has that nice low sound when you accelerate. Thank you