Used 2006 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Barb's car
By barb

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven Tributes for almost 8 years. This is my 3rd one. They are great; peppy; fun to drive.

The car has great off the line pep. It is comfortable and has just about no blind spot.

The wind noise has been improved, but it's still not a perfect seal.

First time Mazda owner
By Judy H.

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving my 2006 Tribute now for 3 weeks. I really like it. It handles very well, it's very comfortable, the controls are easy to reach, though at first a little confusing! Nice rebates and getting a good deal helped convince us to go with the Tribute over the Mariner or Escape.

The driving view of sitting up higher (use to drive a Taurus). Seats are comfortable, radio sounds nice, A/C works well and the engine/acceleration is nice.

Even though I've only filled up once, I got 18 mpg city driving. About what I got with my Taurus. I hope mileage improves a bit. And yes the gas tank capacity could be bigger (18-20 gallons would be nice). And larger storage pockets in front doors would be nice too.

06 Mazda tribute
By roshov

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All is good except: 1. center console moves back and forth showing wear near the gearshift 2. driver seatbelt receptacle rubs/damages center console, needs at least Velcro like passenger seat belt has (near center console) 3. fuel door very difficult to open, people with large fingers would have an extreme time opening. 4. seat uncomfortable to lay back and attempt to nap in (passenger).

Auto fuel door like it used to be, padding on driver seat belt receptacle.

Electric Problem
By thecoop51

2006 Mazda Tribute i 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Although I believe this vehicle is a decent mid-size SUV, I can't believe I had an alternator problem at 19,000 miles. It has to be replaced already and the dealership has to wait approximately 7-10 days for a new one. So I'm driving a rental until Mazda decides to ship a new one. I've had cars with 100,000 miles on them and never had an alternator failure. Anybody else experience this problem so early in their purchase?

Driveability, roomy.

Leather seats are poor quality.

Nice car, fun to drive
By Hasan

2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the car for a month now. I had a long trip from L.A. to the Grand Canyon. Very powerful with 5 people inside and full luggage including on the top and we had no problem of driving uphill in any speed on the mountains. However over 70 (speed limit in AZ is 75), gas mileage drops 20mpg on highway.

Fun to drive, powerful, comfortable, and the AC really cools the car even in extreme temperatures.

The cruise control buttons must be lighted, impossible to turn on at night. The doors should be designed better for armrest. A handle there would help