Our second Mazda6
By Otis on
2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Previously owned an '03 V6 sedan. Traded for a convertible but she missed the zoom zoom of her 6 so much that we came back and got a loaded up '05 V6 5 speed sport hatchback (actually all hatchbacks have the sport package unlike my earlier sedan). This car is great. A ton of fun for the money and has many features found in more expensive cars. V6/manual transmission combo is hard to find elsewhere. 220hp was a lot a few years ago but others have caught up or do better now. Suspension dynamics are fantastic, this car wants to bolt around town at 60+ mph! Styling is fresh and unique. Highly recommended. Some 2005s are still around (as of early 2006) and could be a steal. MSRP of $27,700 cost me $21,300!
Favorite Features
Styling the hatchback to look like a sedan is way cool. Standard sport package with Porche-esque 17in turbo wheels. Heated leather seats. Steering wheel radio controls and 6 disc CD. 3.0L V6/5-speed combo makes this a real driver's car and it loves to rev (pulls great above 4 grand when VVT kicks in).
Suggested Improvements
Not much to complain about. I guess if you're going to give me 4 tie downs in the cargo area you might as well put a few on the hatch so I can bungee it down on top of the looong cargo! As it is I have to tie it down by the hatch strut ... not a safe option.