2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Be careful over 100k
By rsavasta on 06/13/13 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my '05 Mazda 6 in 2007 with 20k miles. The car ran great, had lots of pep and was very reliable. After 120k miles I started noticing the oil level going down with no noticeable oil leak. It eventually would not start and when I brought it to the dealer they found that the valve seals were leaking and the PVC valve was blowing oil into the cylinders as well as the throttle body. After having the those 3 things replaced and spending $1500, it is running fine. Perhaps this is considered routine maintenance or the dealer ripped me off so beware.

Ready to run away
By youngbo718 on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Mazda 6 by mistake, I actually looking for Mazda 3. But when I finally came to see the mistake I have made, see that I was completely wrong. This vehicle is absolutely fun drive and fast. Its only waiting to press the gas and run away.

Fun to drive sports sedan
By miltownguy on 03/21/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Solid car that is fun to drive, decent V6 overall although its just the duratec V6 from Ford, has great power from 3k and above but definitely needs more low end torque below 3k..gas mileage is subpar, when im driving it nice i can get up to 27mpg, but 24-25 is more common..awesome to drive on curvy roads, the stiff frame enables you to hug the road and you can fly through corners..5 speed is also very slick and a lot of fun to drive..bought this car w/ 18k and haven't had to replace anything yet through 67k besides regular maintenance (F & R pads once, F & R rotors resurfaced once & then replaced, tires once)..heated seats and leather are also nice

Single foot seeks pedal to mash...
By Twitch on 10/03/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Mistakenly bought this car for my wife, and wished I'd given her my car and kept this one for myself instead! This is truly a driver's car. Bose system makes your ears dance. I found myself out in the garage more than once just listening to a new cd. Honest. And once you back it out of the garage, let the fun begin! Ford Duratec V6 has a nice exhaust note when pushed. The platform/suspension sometimes feels like it was designed for the lighter 4-cyl, but the V6 will pin your ears back if you hit your corners at mid-range rpm! 6-speed transmission geared a bit odd between 1st and 2nd, but sweet between 5th and 6th on road trips. And 3rd/4th gears make you over-eager to pass anyone.

A Great Car for a Great Price
By Tick131 on 09/12/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a Mazda 6 at the beginning of this year after an accident left my Honda Civic totaled. I looked at Pontiac G6s, Hyundai Tiburons, Civics, a Lexus and even BMW to replace my beloved Honda. After testing a BMW 325, I discovered a Mazda6 sitting on the lot, intrigued by its designed I took it for a drive, and was blown away. I'd never thought to even look at Mazda, but this had exactly what I wanted: great looks, great equipment (almost fully loaded), great handling & performance, and a value I couldn't pass. The manual is much sloppier than my Civic, but feels like a rocket ship despite its competition's better numbers.

Solid Sports Sedan
By Jpmerrill on 03/19/08 07:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I picked up this car after my last one died without considering much else. I always liked the utility of four doors but wanted something sporty and equipped with a 5 or 6 spd, the Mazda seemed like an amazing value and I always admired the looks. The v6 is a solid piece, good for cruising and supplying passing power on the highway but a little weak before 3k RPMS. The manual transmission is a treat and one of the slickest shifting operations I've used. Interior quality is better then what you pay for and the exterior has a fantastic and pleasant appeal. Gas mileage is marginally good, but I did opt for the v6 so any complaint is self inflicted. Overall love the car and the value it offers.

True Grand Touring
By Rick on 03/15/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my primary business vehicle as a traveling sales manager with a long commute. I purchase a new or almost new car every three years and because of the high mileage and business use I prefer mid-size sedans that don't kill me on depreciation. My 6S satisfies my desire for performance and handling. I opted for the five-speed which I am glad I did because the engine is a bit weak until 2500 rpm then revs smoothly and quickly. Great cruiser, reliable, fun and 23-27 mpg

Beefed-up 6
By neobopr on 12/30/07 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I purchased my manual '05 a year ago it only had 13k on it (now it has 28k). I immediately added a cold-air intake and swapped in the mazdaspeed springs. I also added a takabe strut tower brace in the spring. What a huge difference! In my opinion, this car is now the complete equal of any of the best BMW 3 or 5 offerings aside from their "M" series--and at a very "non-BMW" price. Everything else is stock including the tires which I will be replacing with Falken ZIEX 512's in the late spring. This car replaced an '88 Porsche 944 which had been a project car. Here is a significant statement, with the alterations to the 6, I do not miss the 944, plus with 4 doors and a trunk!

I love this car and couldn't be happier
By Darlene on 09/12/06 09:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is comfortable for people who are tall and large, plenty of room.

Not quite Zoom Zoom...
By datdude on 08/13/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Owned my 2005 Mazda6s Sport with 6 speed automatic for about a year. My reason for not giving higher marks in performance and "fun to drive" is due to the poor throttle response - delay when the accelerator is aggressively pushed. This is one of Mazda's early attempts at an electronic throttle (i.e. driver doesn't have a mechanic connection with the throttle; the computer senses the throttle input of the driver's foot and then opens the throttle accordingly). I did take it to the dealership and received the computer software fix which improved the response somewhat; however, the existence of this fix is Mazda's acknowledgment of the problem.

1 2 3 4 5 next »