2004 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Review: 26k miles and I still love my

2004 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

26k miles and I still love my car
By maddie on

2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this little sporty car fairly hard and fast, and it has kept up for 26k miles so far. NO major issues at all and I don't expect them anytime soon either. This economy car is fun to drive, is very responsive, handles well and looks good while doing so! A zippy little car with a good amount of power and torque. Sure, it's not a race car but what do you expect for less than $20K? The engine provides adequate power for the price, and if you want more, wait for the Mazdaspeed edition to come out! The suspension is solid and "sport" and allows for great cornering & handling; if you can't handle a 'stiffer' suspension, go with a Ford or something 'softer', like a large Cadillac, lol!

Favorite Features

The 17" wheels made even better with Avon tires (just get rid of the stock Goodyears unless you drive very slow), 'sporty' suspension allows for great handling and makes for a fun ride, paint color options, beautiful interior with leather, hatchback - allows me to fit all sorts of things in the trunk!

Suggested Improvements

Better designed A/C (though there is now a dealer fix for this and newer models probably don't have this issue anymore). More comfortable seats or sportier seat options. Better ergonomic adjustment details. Better quality/more durable paint. Better stock tires.