Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 i Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great SUV, except for the headlights
By texastownhall

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Had it for 4 years 65K miles. Great car, handling and space, except headlight issues. In addition to bulb going out several times, in 4 years, dim headlights. Took it to the dealer and they said, the discolored dim is actually inside and it is due to angle design of headlights and the heat from the bulbs. Only solution was to pay $1,500 new headlights. I was mad as is is Mazda design issue not something I did wrong. I drove it as is until couple fender bender at night and hitting the curve at night all due to dim headlights. Asked dealer about warranty if I do get it fixed. 1 year and problem may be back. I sold it as it was getting too dangerous. I will never buy another Mazda.

Handling, size, gas mileage.

Headlights. If Mazda knew it is a design issue, fix it at no charge, not charge $1,500 and then warranty it for only 1 year.

Surprisingly fun family car
By rac20585

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought this car, it was a necessary "downsizing" for me from a GMC Acadia (basically I took what I could get to get my payments more affordable). I didn't expect to like it; it was just something I bought to "get me by." Well, to my surprise, I am now a Mazda customer for life! This car has been very reliable, affordable, and fun to drive. Everything on the interior is clean and easy to use, and I think the exterior has a nice look to it as well. My family is growing so I am now taking advantage of the Mazda loyalty program to get a nice discount on the bigger CX-9. So glad I made this purchase!

Acceleration and handling, steering wheel controls for volume, radio, etc., good sound system, smooth ride

They no longer make this model so n/a

7 month owner
By tonyr5

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The biggest negatives I can find with the cx7 is the back seat needing more leg room, my a/c isn't the coldest, and when blower is on 3+ it is loud, the ac vents could be a little bigger for more air blow, the black material seats and black thruout the car is very hard to keep clean w/dust particles, and the hard plastic material in the back hatch scratches very easy, and the loud engine when accelerating, head room is a little low, and low ceiling when loading larger items in the back hatch & could use a little more open console room. the pros are it is really comfortable to drive on long trips, turning capablility in a parking spot is awesome, solid ride, decent gas milage on the hwy.

comfortable driving.

more leg room in back seat larger open console room, larger a/c vent openings better material on the seats, and in the back hatch that scratches so easy little more head room

Luv My CX 7
By 2000beetle

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I too have had my car a 1 1/2 months and I luv it! I get more compliments on the color (black cherry!) than anything else. Luv the "handsfree" device. I have the Sport i and it is equipped with Sirus radio, but I opt. not to use it; I use bluetooth audio (connected to my Blkberry) instead, and listen to my Pandora; saves about $12.0 bucks a month. One small draw is the leg room in the back...not good for a tall person.

Excellent value!
By cchen

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at all the compact SUV in the price range, and before deciding on the CX-7, CRV and RAV4 were my other final candidates. Simply put, CX-7 just felt more expensive. It offeres a combination of style, refinement, and driving pleasure that is very rare in this class. In addition, where else can you find power and heated seats, rear view camera, auto A/C, moon roof, and bluetooth all for $25K. Yes, the CX-7 can use more room and power, but it never felt slow in my daily communite, and it is large enough for my family of 4 plus a 120LB dog. CX-7 looked stunning inside and out, and you probably won't find another same car in the same parking lot.

Style, handling, quality material and construction, features, NVH.

More small cubbies (for sunglasses, coins, etc.), more room for the rear seat, USB/IPOD connection, more zoom, better MPG.