2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Surprisingly fun family car
By rac20585 on 06/27/13 14:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought this car, it was a necessary "downsizing" for me from a GMC Acadia (basically I took what I could get to get my payments more affordable). I didn't expect to like it; it was just something I bought to "get me by." Well, to my surprise, I am now a Mazda customer for life! This car has been very reliable, affordable, and fun to drive. Everything on the interior is clean and easy to use, and I think the exterior has a nice look to it as well. My family is growing so I am now taking advantage of the Mazda loyalty program to get a nice discount on the bigger CX-9. So glad I made this purchase!

7 month owner
By tonyr5 on 06/15/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The biggest negatives I can find with the cx7 is the back seat needing more leg room, my a/c isn't the coldest, and when blower is on 3+ it is loud, the ac vents could be a little bigger for more air blow, the black material seats and black thruout the car is very hard to keep clean w/dust particles, and the hard plastic material in the back hatch scratches very easy, and the loud engine when accelerating, head room is a little low, and low ceiling when loading larger items in the back hatch & could use a little more open console room. the pros are it is really comfortable to drive on long trips, turning capablility in a parking spot is awesome, solid ride, decent gas milage on the hwy.

Luv My CX 7
By 2000beetle on 01/25/11 11:45 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I too have had my car a 1 1/2 months and I luv it! I get more compliments on the color (black cherry!) than anything else. Luv the "handsfree" device. I have the Sport i and it is equipped with Sirus radio, but I opt. not to use it; I use bluetooth audio (connected to my Blkberry) instead, and listen to my Pandora; saves about $12.0 bucks a month. One small draw is the leg room in the back...not good for a tall person.

Excellent value!
By cchen on 12/19/10 23:28 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at all the compact SUV in the price range, and before deciding on the CX-7, CRV and RAV4 were my other final candidates. Simply put, CX-7 just felt more expensive. It offeres a combination of style, refinement, and driving pleasure that is very rare in this class. In addition, where else can you find power and heated seats, rear view camera, auto A/C, moon roof, and bluetooth all for $25K. Yes, the CX-7 can use more room and power, but it never felt slow in my daily communite, and it is large enough for my family of 4 plus a 120LB dog. CX-7 looked stunning inside and out, and you probably won't find another same car in the same parking lot.

Great Urban Vehicle
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I stepped out of a custom F-150 xlt with all the power and none of the economy to this. I moved from the country to the city and this thing does exactly what I need it to. Front wheel drive with traction control for Cleveland winters. Fold down rear seat for those few times I need a little more room. It doesn't look like every other ride on the road. The 2.5L engine is spunky enough to merge from short access lanes w/o worrying about getting rolled over by whoever bought my old truck. It parks easier in the big city, it gets better gas mileage, it is comfortable on trips (I've taken 2 to NC so far) and it has enough ground clearance to drive over a parking lot curb...totally by accident ;-)

No regret
By lovetodrive on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Reviewed CRV/RV4/Forester/Rogue. We were impressed by CX7's refinement, material quality, style, handling, and features. I mean, where else can you find another CSUV with back-up camera, auto A/C, sun roof, power/heated seats, and bluetooth all for $25K? Considering its relatively larger exterior size, CX7 should have a more competetive interior room, but it fulfills our needs. As for the engine, it is fairly smooth, and the power feels no worse than the others in its class, but there is defintely room for improvement if you have a more demanding commute. For the price, it is hard to ask for more. Did I mention it looks stunning?

Awesome
By timlaine on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Researched and looked at all the rest including Honda, Nissan and Ford. Hands down this is the most bang for the buck. Very impressed. Great looks and very smooth and responsive.

First Mazda
By Toyota Owner on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My neighbor recently brought the same vehicle and I really like the style and size of the Mazda CX7 Sport. So far I really like the vehicle. I thought it would be hard to go from a 6 cylinder to a 4 but so far so good. Pleased with my choice. Could be less road noise but maybe it's the tires or road.

2010 Mazda CR-7 4cyl 2.5L
By A. Figueroa on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, I like the car a lot. My biggest concern is that the windshield gets really foggy to the point that forms water droplets in the inside of glass. Another issue is that when I close the window in the auto mode, sometimes it opens half way by itself (both driver and passenger windows).

A no brainer!
By footy on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Had driven a Mazda 3 hatch for 2 years. Loved the ride, needed more room. Cx-7 was the perfect fit. Best looking in it's class, fun to drive, beautiful interior, peppy engine, decent gas mileage etc. Etc. Perfect car for a Young family. You get it all. The most important things to me were looks, fun ride, gas mileage and storage room and this car has it all! You won't be disappointed!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-7 Suv in VA is:

$131 per month*