Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 i Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Surprisingly fun family car
By rac20585

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought this car, it was a necessary "downsizing" for me from a GMC Acadia (basically I took what I could get to get my payments more affordable). I didn't expect to like it; it was just something I bought to "get me by." Well, to my surprise, I am now a Mazda customer for life! This car has been very reliable, affordable, and fun to drive. Everything on the interior is clean and easy to use, and I think the exterior has a nice look to it as well. My family is growing so I am now taking advantage of the Mazda loyalty program to get a nice discount on the bigger CX-9. So glad I made this purchase!

Favorite Features

Acceleration and handling, steering wheel controls for volume, radio, etc., good sound system, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

They no longer make this model so n/a

7 month owner
By tonyr5

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The biggest negatives I can find with the cx7 is the back seat needing more leg room, my a/c isn't the coldest, and when blower is on 3+ it is loud, the ac vents could be a little bigger for more air blow, the black material seats and black thruout the car is very hard to keep clean w/dust particles, and the hard plastic material in the back hatch scratches very easy, and the loud engine when accelerating, head room is a little low, and low ceiling when loading larger items in the back hatch & could use a little more open console room. the pros are it is really comfortable to drive on long trips, turning capablility in a parking spot is awesome, solid ride, decent gas milage on the hwy.

Favorite Features

comfortable driving.

Suggested Improvements

more leg room in back seat larger open console room, larger a/c vent openings better material on the seats, and in the back hatch that scratches so easy little more head room

Luv My CX 7
By 2000beetle

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I too have had my car a 1 1/2 months and I luv it! I get more compliments on the color (black cherry!) than anything else. Luv the "handsfree" device. I have the Sport i and it is equipped with Sirus radio, but I opt. not to use it; I use bluetooth audio (connected to my Blkberry) instead, and listen to my Pandora; saves about $12.0 bucks a month. One small draw is the leg room in the back...not good for a tall person.

Excellent value!
By cchen

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at all the compact SUV in the price range, and before deciding on the CX-7, CRV and RAV4 were my other final candidates. Simply put, CX-7 just felt more expensive. It offeres a combination of style, refinement, and driving pleasure that is very rare in this class. In addition, where else can you find power and heated seats, rear view camera, auto A/C, moon roof, and bluetooth all for $25K. Yes, the CX-7 can use more room and power, but it never felt slow in my daily communite, and it is large enough for my family of 4 plus a 120LB dog. CX-7 looked stunning inside and out, and you probably won't find another same car in the same parking lot.

Favorite Features

Style, handling, quality material and construction, features, NVH.

Suggested Improvements

More small cubbies (for sunglasses, coins, etc.), more room for the rear seat, USB/IPOD connection, more zoom, better MPG.

Great Urban Vehicle
By Anonymous

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I stepped out of a custom F-150 xlt with all the power and none of the economy to this. I moved from the country to the city and this thing does exactly what I need it to. Front wheel drive with traction control for Cleveland winters. Fold down rear seat for those few times I need a little more room. It doesn't look like every other ride on the road. The 2.5L engine is spunky enough to merge from short access lanes w/o worrying about getting rolled over by whoever bought my old truck. It parks easier in the big city, it gets better gas mileage, it is comfortable on trips (I've taken 2 to NC so far) and it has enough ground clearance to drive over a parking lot curb...totally by accident ;-)

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, 8-way pwr drivers seat, heated seats (28 degrees this AM), one touch down (and up) windows, spunky engine, Black Cherry color. As for the lack of automatic headlights..just leave 'em on..they shut off 30 secs after you park. Call 'em a safety feature...daytime running lights.

Suggested Improvements

A manual transmission for those of us that like the whole gear jammin' experience. It has the manual mode, but not pushing a clutch while shifting in and out of gears in an "H" pattern just isn't the same for those of us that gave up our macho rides for practicality.