2012 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Review: Still love it after 1 year

2012 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Review

Still love it after 1 year
By lfwintx on

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary with my crystal champagne 2012 MKZ Hybrid, and I still love the car. With over 8000 miles, the gas mileage continues to improve. Some days I get up to 41 mpg on my 12-mile commute to work on back country roads, where traffic patterns often interfere with smooth driving. The lifetime average of the car is 36 mpg but improving.

It provides a quiet, smooth ride and is fun to drive. The predicted gas mileage was a big factor in my purchase of this car, but the other luxuries and features sealed the deal.

First of all, there should be a 110V plug, just like the one in the 2012 Ford Fusion hybrid. (The MKZ and Fjusion are basically the same car, so there is no reason that the MKZ shouldn't have this.) Secondly, why is the glove box release centered, such that it is far from the driver? Even my 16-year-old Jeep had the release closer to the driver's side, since often it is the driver to wants to open that. (Many of us frequently don't have passengers, for example.)