Used 2006 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

2004 RX330 AWD
By jodar96

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This RX is my wife's but I drive it on trips or when we are both in the car. Purchased ours in Nov 2008 with 35K miles. Had the condensation in right headlight when we bought it. While outside warranty, Lexus agreed to replace it and I paid $500 off $1800 bill!!!!! Radiator leaked. I replaced it myself but found out lexus had extended warranty that would have replaced it free. The same side hedalight had condensation again. Fixed it this time by applying silicone around the lens. It has worked perfectly. Very comfortable seats/driving position on long trips, quiet, roomy. It has aged very well. leather in seating area is top notch. Currently at 95K miles and ready to sell it.

Favorite Features

Very reliable, smooth, and quiet. Built well. well equipped. Good highway vehicle. Drove exceptionally well in one bad snow and icy weather trip. Best choice tire (not cheap) is Bridgstone Dueler Alenza. They have gone 60K miles so far and still good. Engine, transmission, brakes hold up well. So has the paint and body panels. it is 9 years old and there is no rust anywhere and we live in a snow belt state.

Suggested Improvements

I did not like the timing belt expense of $580 at 90K miles. The 3.5L in RX350 uses chain so that won't be an expense in our 2010 RX350. The gas tank capacity says 19.5 gallon. I could never ever put more than 17.5 gallons in it no matter how dry it was. I honestly can not ask for any improvement change in this 2004 RX. I really think the 2004-2009 have much compact and nimble feel to them than the 2010-2013 style. The new ones look and feel bulky. Shutting the doors is not as mooth as the ones in older generation. The older 330 used regular gas, the 350 used premium tthat could add up when owning these for 5-7 years.

Vehicle Sway
By biana

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2066 RX330 has 60K miles and has just recently started swaying slightly on straight roads. The wheels do not move but the body feels like it is swaying on the chassis. has anyone else experienced this?

Average looks, above average reliability
By lindsey

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my rx for almost 3 years it has been relatively maintenance free, yet is not that comfortable, very noisy road noise and does not feel that safe as far as handling. Going back to a German car. Not for me

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

handling. Transmission is not smooth

LUV MY LEX
By LEXGRL

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

From the time I test drove the RX330 I instantly knew this was the vehicle I wanted. So luxurious. Seats are comfortable. Smooth ride, feels safe and is best looking SUV in its class.

Favorite Features

Heated comfortable seats, easy access to all controls, has all the bells & whistles anyone could ask for. Smooth ride. MPG's not bad (only a couple lower than non-luxury vehicles).

Suggested Improvements

None.

Hesitation and squealing of belts
By bryan

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My car rides and looks the part... but hesitates shifting on highway and in town. I had to have the drive shaft replaced luckily under warranty. It recently started squealing like a bad belt. I have had to replace the brakes at only 55k. The maintenance is definitely way more than their over blown reputation.

Favorite Features

I do like the steering wheel controls and comfy seats. I also enjoy the remote control access to trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Lexus offer an improved drivetrain with fewer maintenance problems.