2002 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Review: Great Car, But Can I Have My C

2002 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Great Car, But Can I Have My Caddie Back
By JRB on

2002 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The car is amazing. I've got 2000 miles on it now and there have been NO issues; perfect in every way. If you like gadgets and electonics, this is the car for you. And even better, everything works as it should. And did I say quiet? Oh, and perhaps I forgot to mention that the ride is like skating on smooth ice, yet sporty enough to get off the dime quickly and take a tight turn on command? Styling is nice, but not distinctive. My '94 Fleetwood had a distinctive style that stands out in the crowd. The Lexus looks like any other import. The LS430 is an outstanding car. But will my next car be a Lexus? The jury is still out...I still think about my Caddie.

Favorite Features

My Lexus is fully loaded, and I love the gadgets; navigation system, radar cruise control, Levinson sound system, park assist, upgraded leather, heated & cooled seats, door closers, etc. Everything works perfectly. Ride, handling, acceleration, breaking all top notch.

Suggested Improvements

The gadgets are great, but plan on spending time to master them. Seats could use more side bolstering (my Caddie's were bigger, plusher and easier to adjust). Seat adjustment controls are on the bottom side of the seat; difficult to use. Cargo net is useless.