NEW 2013 GS350 - DEFINITELY A VAST IMPROVEMENT
By abacomike on
2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Took delivery of my new GS350 yesterday with NAV, Blind Spot Alert, Park Assist Sensors, Mark Levinson Audio, Luxury Package, etc. Test drove the sport model but did not like the metallic interior or tires that could not be rotated. Traded my Mercedes E350 and find this new GS more refined, higher tech features, less harsh ride and reduced road noise, higher quality interior, more comfortable seating, and handling and responsiveness far superior to Mercedes and BMW's I have owned. Had a 2001 GS300, but the only similarity to that 2001 is the GS insignia. Technology is unbelievable and the interior resembles the cockpit of of a Gulfsteam Jet. Worth every penny I spent on it!
Favorite Features
Technology is truly way above any other car in this market segment. NAV is outstanding and voice control superior to Benz and BMW and Audi. Settings are all made through this huge display screen. Lexus Enform (their telemetry system to track your car - similar to, but more advanced than OnStar, BMW Assist or Mercedes Mbrace). XM SAT service provides traffic, weather, data, and connectivity to the web through smartphone. Blind Spot sensor really works great and already saved me from being sideswiped on my first day of ownership. Love the Levinson 900 watt, 17 speaker sound system with HD radio and surround sound. Ability to go to sport handling mode stiffens ride and handling.
Suggested Improvements
6 disc player is not available, but you can record all your CD's to the hard drive. But, miss 6 disc changer. I'll be honest, I cannot think of a thing that could be improved - honest! A true luxury sport vehicle worthy of a second look. This statement comes from me who buys a new car frequently and has owned 4 BMW 5 series cars and 5 Mercedes Benz E350's over the past 12 years. I just got tired of the bland interiors and the ultra hard rides. This car corners and handles as well as the German entries, but is kinder to my derrière and back on long drives.
By prosgal
on 05/19/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

Loved your review! Very helpful considering I'm on the fence about getting my first german car but always had japanese so mostly likely won't make the jump, little afraid of the cost of maintaining...do you recommend the F sport? AWD?