Used 2006 Kia Sedona EX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

2006 Sedona Minivan
By apostled612

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well we bought the vehicle used and the the fist thing that happened when we took it to the Kia dealer for complete service, the vehicle was in great shape until they did a recall on the left rear passenger door, the dealer was replacing the rear door latch. Since then the door has not opened on it's own. Sometimes we have to play with the controls to make the rear door close properly.

What attracted me to the vehicle was the fully functional rear doors(up to and including the windows fully going down) also the rear DVD player as well as the room inside the vehicle. The driver and passenger seat recline back comfortably. I enjoy the smooth ride on the highway when we travel. Overall it is ideal for the 7 members in my family.

I think that MPG should be improved. I understand that it is a 6 cylinder engine, I think you should get more than 300 miles to a tank of Gas. It takes about 60.00+ to fill it up when it is empty. They should look into improving the operation of the passenger doors.

Never buy another Kia
By taxilady7

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This 06" kia Sedona was used with 70,000 miles. The first thing I had to replace was the sway bar and ended up getting it from a junk yard becasue the KIA parts are so very expensive. Then I replaced the brake pads and had a lot of trouble with scrapping noise! I finally replaced the rotors, did not help! I finally found out the rotors were worpped and it was causing the pads to go bad! DO NOT GET brake pads from any NAPA stores! They did not work on these Kia's. The biggest options I have had to over come is the turn signal blubs blowing, the head light blubs continually blowing. I found out what was the problem with turn signal, the socket had to be replaced.

I like the fact that the doors are automatic, but as a taxi it helps that I don't have to jump in and out to open doors. The feature of the front seats moving back and reclining is nice. The engine is very quiet, and the color red is just right for me. But I would not buy another KIA! The parts are just toooo! expensive and mechanics have a hard time repairing the vehicle.

Lower prices on the replacement parts! Make an extention belt that fits big people.

Worst Car I've ever owned
By frommissouir2

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the oil changed at the dealer for the entire life of this car simply because every time it was time to change the oil something else was broken on it. The air bag light just came on this morning, and the check engine light has been lighting up regularly so BACK TO THE DEALER we go. I still plan on driving it until the wheels fall off but I will NEVER buy another KIA.

Size, price was good.

Make this thing more reliable

Reliable soldier
By Laszlo Pocsi

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my Sedona since new in 2006, has over 60k miles in it. Mine has been a trooper. It's a typical minivan - cavernous, comfortable, safe, practical. It is the top of the line model with leather, DVD player, back-up radar, etc. I towed heavy things with it, I packed it chock full of stuff and/or people many times, and it performed great. The safety rating is top-notch, which was a huge selling point for me. Gas mileage is not great by at around 17.3 mpg it's OK for a big vehicle. We had to replace the audio under warranty, one bulb went out in 6 years, other than just scheduled service. It's a bit noisier than I like, but I love it. Better yet, my kids love it. The power doors are great!

Power doors, DVD player, back-up radar, top safety rating, comfortable and tough. Towed a mid-size car for 900 miles, towed a large pop-up camper with no problems.

Should be a bit quieter on interstates, better gas mileage would be welcome, better acceleration too. Mine doesn't have an auxiliary audio port or USB connection or bluetooth, which are musts these days. Dash is ergonomic but could look better. Drop the manumatic function - I never use it.

Love My Van, She part of the family
By Yogi & Mike Healy

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this van from day one. Bought it new,with under 10 miles on it.Have enjoyed every mile on it.She has all the power that my wife wants and needs,w/3.8 v6.I don't think that will we every trade her in. Everything has worked great. The Dealerships are becoming far and few.They have taken care of any small problem w/ no problem. One thing that needs to be address is lites front,fog they have gone out and can only be changed at the dealership? Why cause you have to take off the front bumper? That stinks. The Van drives so smooth has great pick up also drives like a sports car.I would buy another but only used as they do drop in value fast.Paid $29950 worth $8750 ouch :-(

POWER!3.8 v6 Power doors,both sides and lift gate. Having a trouble free car.The Car Company stand behind if needed.Great looks and roomy inside.Like that the back seats go down flat,for more cargo.Cup holders I it has 13. Beleive it this is what made my wife love the car.She was sold on that :-)

Some plastic flim over door handles still on after almost 4yrs can't come off.Fewer Dealships to bring car to! Speaker need to be upgraded. MPG needs to be inproved.21 - 25