Used 2006 Kia Sedona EX Minivan Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Reliable and smooth transportation.
By Tom

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a phenomenal vehicle for me and my family. We've put 170K miles on it since we bought it in '06. It's been on numerous trips from Houston to Ohio and Michigan and other 1000 mile treks. The only issues with it have been self inflicted damage to the rear suspension on a few occasions. Really wish it had a little more hauling capacity. We changed out the head unit for a more modern system so the entertainment and Bluetooth is better than stock. Replacing the spark plugs was not fun but not impossible. Rides as smooth as silk. Very good engine & transaxle - no issues. Kia did this one very right.

Best van ever
By G

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Never had any major problems, bought it brand new in 2006 has great performance good gas mileage plenty of room and has been 100% dependable I put one set of tires on it into batteries and just regular maintenance

Not a bad value
By Justin

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in 2010 when family expanded with twins. Rear passenger power door works about about 10% of the time. Only a few trips to mechanic for some leaks, oil and radiator. But expensive repairs when needed. Blows signal bulbs and headlight bulbs every three months, which I learned to fix proficiently on my own. Drove this van on numerous family trips all over, and some very long distance trips as well. Never once did it break down and leave us stranded, never once did it fail to start. Not the highest quality, but great value. I couldn't afford a Honda or Toyota, but those have their own problems too, just research them. Also we were severely rear ended with all of my kids in the car, including a three year-old in the third row seat. The rear window blew up but the door stayed solid and didn't come anywhere near the third row. At the end of the day I would trust a Kia with my family.

2006 Sedona Minivan
By apostled612

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well we bought the vehicle used and the the fist thing that happened when we took it to the Kia dealer for complete service, the vehicle was in great shape until they did a recall on the left rear passenger door, the dealer was replacing the rear door latch. Since then the door has not opened on it's own. Sometimes we have to play with the controls to make the rear door close properly.

What attracted me to the vehicle was the fully functional rear doors(up to and including the windows fully going down) also the rear DVD player as well as the room inside the vehicle. The driver and passenger seat recline back comfortably. I enjoy the smooth ride on the highway when we travel. Overall it is ideal for the 7 members in my family.

I think that MPG should be improved. I understand that it is a 6 cylinder engine, I think you should get more than 300 miles to a tank of Gas. It takes about 60.00+ to fill it up when it is empty. They should look into improving the operation of the passenger doors.

Never buy another Kia
By taxilady7

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This 06" kia Sedona was used with 70,000 miles. The first thing I had to replace was the sway bar and ended up getting it from a junk yard becasue the KIA parts are so very expensive.
Then I replaced the brake pads and had a lot of trouble with scrapping noise! I finally replaced the rotors, did not help! I finally found out the rotors were worpped and it was causing the pads to go bad! DO NOT GET brake pads from any NAPA stores!
They did not work on these Kia's.

The biggest options I have had to over come is the turn signal blubs blowing, the head light blubs continually blowing.
I found out what was the problem with turn signal, the socket had to be replaced.

I like the fact that the doors are automatic, but as a taxi it helps that I don't have to jump in and out to open doors. The feature of the front seats moving back and reclining is nice. The engine is very quiet, and the color red is just right for me. But I would not buy another KIA! The parts are just toooo! expensive and mechanics have a hard time repairing the vehicle.

Lower prices on the replacement parts! Make an extention belt that fits big people.