2006 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
2006 Sedona Minivan
By apostled612 on 05/24/13 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well we bought the vehicle used and the the fist thing that happened when we took it to the Kia dealer for complete service, the vehicle was in great shape until they did a recall on the left rear passenger door, the dealer was replacing the rear door latch. Since then the door has not opened on it's own. Sometimes we have to play with the controls to make the rear door close properly.

Never buy another Kia
By taxilady7 on 03/12/12 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This 06" kia Sedona was used with 70,000 miles. The first thing I had to replace was the sway bar and ended up getting it from a junk yard becasue the KIA parts are so very expensive. Then I replaced the brake pads and had a lot of trouble with scrapping noise! I finally replaced the rotors, did not help! I finally found out the rotors were worpped and it was causing the pads to go bad! DO NOT GET brake pads from any NAPA stores! They did not work on these Kia's. The biggest options I have had to over come is the turn signal blubs blowing, the head light blubs continually blowing. I found out what was the problem with turn signal, the socket had to be replaced.

Worst Car I've ever owned
By frommissouir2 on 05/19/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the oil changed at the dealer for the entire life of this car simply because every time it was time to change the oil something else was broken on it. The air bag light just came on this morning, and the check engine light has been lighting up regularly so BACK TO THE DEALER we go. I still plan on driving it until the wheels fall off but I will NEVER buy another KIA.

Reliable soldier
By Laszlo Pocsi on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my Sedona since new in 2006, has over 60k miles in it. Mine has been a trooper. It's a typical minivan - cavernous, comfortable, safe, practical. It is the top of the line model with leather, DVD player, back-up radar, etc. I towed heavy things with it, I packed it chock full of stuff and/or people many times, and it performed great. The safety rating is top-notch, which was a huge selling point for me. Gas mileage is not great by at around 17.3 mpg it's OK for a big vehicle. We had to replace the audio under warranty, one bulb went out in 6 years, other than just scheduled service. It's a bit noisier than I like, but I love it. Better yet, my kids love it. The power doors are great!

Love My Van, She part of the family
By Yogi & Mike Healy on 02/22/10 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this van from day one. Bought it new,with under 10 miles on it.Have enjoyed every mile on it.She has all the power that my wife wants and needs,w/3.8 v6.I don't think that will we every trade her in. Everything has worked great. The Dealerships are becoming far and few.They have taken care of any small problem w/ no problem. One thing that needs to be address is lites front,fog they have gone out and can only be changed at the dealership? Why cause you have to take off the front bumper? That stinks. The Van drives so smooth has great pick up also drives like a sports car.I would buy another but only used as they do drop in value fast.Paid $29950 worth $8750 ouch :-(

Worse new vehicle I ever owned
By Worse vehice I owned on 02/22/10 08:55 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought in MD, live in WV, could not get thru inspection 1st week we owned car due to light bulb issue (& we have had numerous bulbs changed / numerous electrical issues). Brakes/tires eaten up regular basis & other mechanical issues. Many problems with getting warranty issues handled correctly. WARNING WARNING **DON'T BUY** Worse new vehicle we have ever owned!!

Best Van,,,PERIOD!
By JWM on 10/15/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Were ready to trade in for a Berrago..after driving a loaner for 2 days, we just couldnt give up the comfort and reliability of our EX Sedona...to bad they are discontinuing this model in 2011.

Van is trying to kill us
By price family on 06/14/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Twice in a 12-month period our throttle body has needed replacing. "Normal" auto shops won't touch a Kia, so emergency repairs are a no-go: not helpful when mom has two babies in carseats and is literally stranded with a self-decelerating van on the side of a highway.

Economical surprise
By Farm Boy on 04/26/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had reliability and economy problems with Ford, GM, & Chrysler. Honda and Toyota are extremely expensive. Decided to try something else. We decied to go out on a limb and try the Kia. What a surprise! We love it. Good economy, handles great and more reliable than other brands I have owned. The first vehicle I have owned in years that I can drive all day and not get a back ache. And all this for $8,000 less than a comparablly equiped Honda or Toyota. I would recommend it to anyone. Any one interested in a minivan should give the Sedona a good hard look. They are great vans.

Walk away don't ever buy
By Momof4boys on 03/27/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van new just because of the middle windows went down.. Wow was that a huge mistake. At 15,000 miles we couldn't even get the thing to start and forget about the 100000 mile warranty they didn't want to fix a thing. At about 25,000 miles the engine started to go and made all sorts of noises. This was one of the worst vans I have ever owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.