Of Course It's A Jeep Thing....
By Kmskimberly on
2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
Not only survived but conquered the 3 feet of snow in lovely New England. The gas mileage leaves much to be desired which is severely compounded by the fact that once you're in it all you want to do is drive. Great strength for the more difficult jobs and I love the shift on the fly instead of the hubs in my '86. Also glad they went back to the classic headlights. Once you get used to it, the soft top takes just a few minutes to handle. I'm glad they improved the suspension, and the heating system seems better as well. The seat is lowered a bit but can be raised later if you don't just get used to it. Careful of some blind spots and wind turbulance on the highway. Explore and Enjoy!
Favorite Features
Shift on the fly, better suspension, strength, versatility. Take the top down and enjoy the scenery ... and then be able to actually drive through those woods, across that brook and up the mountain and get there.
Suggested Improvements
Gas milage especially these days. I recommend getting the full center console since there are no armrests. I really wish the tailgate still opened down, it gave more room and convenience while transporting lengthy items (esp w/ soft top) and you could lay down in back with the top off at a drive-in movie ;)