Buy a different car
By kevin_in_sales on
2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I drive this as a company car. It has got to be one of the worst decisions my employer has made. The ride is harsh. The interior is out of the 80s with hard plastic. The transmission seems to be locked into the motor creating a car that won't really coast. It almost seems to be like a 5 speed manual transmission that you can never get out of fourth. The footwell design is horrible and not suited for long excursions. You have to have your foot turned outward to press the gas. There is not space beside the gas pedal on the right side. Really weird and not thought out at all. The worst part right now is that the car will not cool itself within 15 minutes of driving if parked outside.
Favorite Features
I like the Goodyear Wrangler ST tires that are impossible to clean due to the ridges running radially around the whole tire. Nothing like never having a clean tire with a clean car. I also like the absence of rear ventilation. Nothing like having an AC that can't cool the kids at all. It seems like the AC's "high, recirc" on this car is like the medium on other cars. Not powerful at all. Kids in the back can't feel it. Do not buy this car south of the M/D line. This car is so bad, my wife won't even drive it even though gas, insurance, and the car payment are paid for by my employer (and she is allowed to by the company). She just plain refuses.
Suggested Improvements
I would love an engine that gets better than 15 mpg and can accelerate. Maybe an automatic transmission that doesn't shift down to hold speed at 70 mph up hills would be good. Maybe a gas tank that can go more than 200 miles on would be good too. I'd also like a real back seat that will accommodate a booster seat on one side and a forward facing toddler seat in the middle. Right now, my 8 year old has to turn her booster in some funky position to reach the seat belt buckle, latch, then realign her booster to be able to close the door.
By tcars1
on 08/05/11 22:50 PM (PDT)

I could not agree more! Really shows what poor quality materials combined with no designing ablity can produce. What a piece of junk.