Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

whats going on with my car!? please help
By mcvallee91

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr rwd for six months now, previously was used as lease and rental vehicle. since purchasing the vehicle, I have replaced the brake light housing, front right window, and motor and regulator to front driver side window. Just this evening my vehicle stalled on me. It is an automatic vehicle and I always change the oil just shy of 3,000 miles using mid grade oil. Anyone having similar problems? why is my car stalling?

Big Disappointment!
By paht

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty with 29,000 miles in 2010. I had previously owned a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport and loved it so decided to trade up to the Liberty. What a disappointment! At 33,000 miles (just out of warranty) I had to replace the front drive shaft, all four windows have been replaced, the rear wiper doesn't work, the rear door latch comes apart every 5,000 miles and won't open till we take off the door panel and fix it, the front drive shaft is vibrating again (same as before we replaced it), the transmission doesn't shift properly, and we get a lousy 14 mpg. Our local dealer can't find anything wrong with it. I'll never own another Jeep!

Favorite Features

I like the exterior appearance, and the interior is fairly roomy for a small SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Take these vehicles off the road and start over. Jeep needs to go back to making the fun, relibale vehicles they were famous for.

IMO Best Compact 4x4 on the market
By jbusc

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Liberty Limited all equipped with the 3.7 V6, automatic transmission and select-trac 4WD system. This Liberty is also equipped with factory navigation and a 6 disc CD changer. In my opinion the Liberty at least the 2002-2007 models are the most rugged compact SUVs available. Mine gets reasonable mpg's - 18+ overall and low to mid 20's highway. Much better than any of my Wranglers did. I find it very comfortable, and it meets my needs of a growing family perfectly. I find the styling attractive both inside and out. I love the heated leather seats and thoughtful touches such as the rear grocery bag hooks.

Favorite Features

The factory Infinity stereo system is superb. Practically instant heat (warms very qiuckly) in cold weather, great ice-cold AC in hot weather. The selec-trac 4WD gets through any New England snow storm I have faced (and I've found myself out in many without a worry). I find the selec-trac much more sure-footed than the command-trac that all 3 of my Wranglers were equipped with (although the Wranglers are very fun vehicles, just not as practical for a family). The factory navigation is a plus, and as mentioned I love the grocery bag hooks in the rear. Enjoy the sunroof too.

Suggested Improvements

Since all of my Libertys have been very reliable & trouble-free I can't think of anything personally. However reading about all those who have had issues with window regulators, I would say Jeep should recall & replace them with more durable regulators. (I hope I just didn't jinx myself). I did research this before I purchased my last 2 Libertys, and made sure I purchased an extended warranty that covers the window regulators until August of 2016 and up to 112,000 miles (although I hope I never have to use it). I am not a fan of the 2008 & up Dodge Nitro based Libertys. Definitely prefer the earlier model's styling which is why I went with a 2007. I hope it lasts me a long, long time.

Worst buy ever
By mandalore04

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a great subaru for this vehicle (used) for a larger vehicle for my son and I. I had the vehicle less than 30 days and the electronics completely failed costing $600 in repairs. I still have issues after the repairs with the electrical aspect. The passenger side front and driver side rear window regulators have broken and I have had this vehicle for 3 months. Looking to trade it off for something else if I'm able to. I like the vehicle but I'm not happy with the quantity and price of all the repairs. I will never recommend another Jeep or Chrysler product to anyone, let alone by one myself.

Suggested Improvements

Install functional electrical systems, Better window regulators

I hold a record!
By libertysux

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Liberty in 2007, and I currently hold the record at the dealership....14 times to fix the windows. The warranty covered the first 6 times or so, but when it expired I have to pay a "$100.00 for mfg ins.", then a year later I was told the Mfg will fix the windows until 2014. YAY? Six weeks ago I have all 4 windows replaced with "updated" parts meaning metal, well last week I took it in (time # 14) to have the back driver side fixed. My question is does someone have to get hurt before this problem is addressed, does a window have to fall out on the freeway and do damage to another, what, what will it take? Maybe a class action suite? there's a thought. HELP US!!