2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Poor on Gas - Great Otherwise
By Alleygal65 on 01/29/05 16:47 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've been hit and my Liberty comes out smelling and looking like a rose. It handles beautifully on and off-road and in snow. It's great looking too. BUT the gas mileage is a REAL problem.

Brakes
By Tari Dec on 01/23/05 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had concerns with the rear brakes so took it to Codiroli Service department. They checked it out and said they couldn't find anything wrong. Continued to feel something wrong with the way my car was acting when I used the brakes. Also, had a noise coming from the rear of the car. Sounded like something was moaning. This noise is loud when I first start driving and than gets less loud after I have driven it a few miles. Took car in for first service (3,000 mile) and was told there is a recall for the brakes but can't fix them until the recall notices have been sent out. I find this very upsetting.. This problem should be fixed immediately. Why do I have to wait? Other than this I like my car.

Grandma's Jeep
By Darlene on 01/23/05 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The reason I wanted a Jeep Liberty was for more space. I've always wanted a Red Vehicle and the little Liberty came out and I knew I wanted one. They have lots of extra space and are very comfortable. My grandkids think it's great also. I just got it for my Christmas gift. I have had no trouble with it.

I love my Jeep Liberty
By MK on 01/22/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

today i bought my Jeep Liberty , and I had to drive it home from the dealership in a blizzard.. The weather was horrible, but I felt safe. I was very impressed how it handled the road.

It's a Jeep!
By M Birckenstaedt on 01/20/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Having owned and off-roaded a Wrangler previously, when looking for some more practicality we chose the Liberty. It is quieter, more comfortable, etc. than the Wrangler, of course; but it is also a REAL off-roader unlike the other wannabes from Ford, Hyundai, Honda, et al. Fuel consumption is reasonable at 20.5-21.5 mpg with V6 and the 6 speed manual (who else has such an option anywhere?). Build quality is very good, structurally much tighter than what I have experienced with Explorers, Trailblazers even Discoverys. Finally, for all the discussion on gas guzzling and pollution, the 3.7l is an ULEV certified engine.

Great Vehicle
By The Geo on 01/18/05 19:27 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Jeep Liberty Ltd. in November, Fortunately we have had plenty of snow for me to try this thing out. Found an empty parking lot with about 8 to 12 inches of snow in it and i was very very pleased at what this Jeep will do. With this motor it had plenty of torque and went through it without bogging down one bit. I currently have 5200km on it and have no major complaints.The only thing i can complain about and that most other people do is the gas mileage(20-21 imperial miles per gallon in mixed driving). The other is a small and useless glovebox.That being said i still would recommend this vehicle to anyone .

Practical and Fun
By M. Swinehart on 01/16/05 00:17 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

As we shopped, we drove every vehicle in the class but were blown away by the gap between the "Liberty" and even its closest rival. A solid machine with plenty of leg room and cargo space and still fun to drive. We initially had a problem with a transmission computer but since that was corrested...it has been nothing but pleasure to own. We took a 2000 mile drive up north for Christmas and it handled the road and the passengers with ease and in comfort (although a bit more seat padding would be appreciated.) My Navigator is still the more comfortable of our two cars but it ought to be for twice the cost.

2005 Jeep Liberty
By Laura on 01/15/05 08:27 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The 2005 Jeep Liberty is a great SUV for a woman on the go. You sit high with great visiablity and comfort. I feel very safe driving it. The cargo area in the rear is great for groceries or whatever you may have to toss back there. Plenty of room and very comfortable. Good sound system. I'm feeling good about my purchase and got a great deal. Check one out, you won't be sorry.

Jeep on the Go!
By TD on 01/14/05 15:50 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Being this was my first Jeep I bought with only a short test drive and lots of reading. So far it has met all my expectations and there are no surprises. With that in mind I am very happy with everything and it has delivered exactly what was promised. It is unique, small, easy to drive in traffic and acceleration is very good.

best decision I've made
By BOB NOLAN on 01/12/05 10:05 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Well, this is truly fun to drive, with a stiffer but comfortable ride. Interior is well designed. The cloth seats are of excellent quality, appearance, and comfort. This is the first 4WD I have had and it's GREAT. Gets through snow and ice covered roads deliciously. Have about 700 miles on it, and I am getting better than 18mpg; not bad. My wife and I battle over who gets to drive it. (I win most of the time, I'm the boss and she said I could say that. PS: good power with the 3.7l!