2004 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Fun!
By frankwh07 on 12/06/07 16:25 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

OK to be honest, besides to fuel economy, this Jeep is nearly perfect! I have already been in the snow and ice with it and it handled great. An outstanding winter vehicle. This Liberty handles great in all weather. I found that my Jeep gets about 18-20 miles per gallon which is good foor an SUV. I noticed this particular Jeep is getting harder to find because everyone is buying them up.You cant go wrong with this Jeep. Highly recommended!

Can't get enough
By Jeep Crazy Girl on 08/23/07 19:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Liberty 1 week ago but I owned an 03 a few years ago and liked it so much I bought another one. I love this Jeep. It's so fun to drive and they are awesome in the mud. I can get through stuff that the big trucks can't. One thing I don't like on this one that I didn't notice on my other one is the get up and go. It seems to stall a little before taking off. I really don't like how my chrome wheels are plastic, I didn't notice this until I got home and was very unhappy.

2 Jeep Family
By Marco Mary on 03/17/07 20:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Jeep we've purchased used. The Liberty is quite an upgrade from our 97 Wrangler - It's a Jeep. You know it when you see it. It drives like a Jeep, not a Cadillac! From the test drive, I knew I wanted it, as it drove just like our older Jeep except with leather seats. It's fun, dependable and built like a tank. Yes, you do sit up high which gives you a commanding vision of the road. My 6 foot tall husband has no problems getting in, out, or driving it for business. He loves it! 2 years left in another lease car and soon our family will be a "3 Jeep Family" - If you're looking for a luxury suv, go pay 3 times more, if you want good looks and dependability, pick a Jeep Liberty!

Love my Jeep
By edman on 03/12/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First time owner of a Jeep, test drove the Wrangler but the ride is too much for daily driving. The Liberty gave me a great alternative. I have a Honda CR-V w/ AWD but I missed the control of a manual true 4WD. Bought the car used as a second family car but loved it so much it became my primary form of transportation. I love this SUV, my wife drives the Honda now.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
By madd1121 on 02/26/07 19:40 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I drove my car from Illinois to Massachusetts and the ride was absolutely wonderful! Very comfortable and fun to drive. Cruise control is a wonderful feature, plenty of head and leg room even for someone that is 6'4". Very spacious in the back especially with car seats. Never had any mechanical problems and I got a ton of compliments on it. The only thing I would change is the gas mileage. City driving in Chicago is a pain and having a v6 tends to be a bit expensive. Over all a great car.

Great but needs a bigger engine
By Ricky on 12/20/06 07:29 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I really like my Jeep Renegade; its light bar, special roof top carrier, fender flares, and large wheels make it stand out from other SUVs. It's an excellent off-road vehicle and had been able to handle mud, snow, rain, high winds, and scorching heat with no complaints. The paint has not chippied or faded, the body is still tight with no rattles, fit and finish are really good and the interior has no visible signs of wear.

2004 Liberty Renegade
By Michael F. McCarthy on 11/09/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I decided upon retirement that we didn't need the big, thirsty V-8 or space of our Grand Cherokee. But we like Jeeps so we reluctantly sold the GC to our son and leased the Liberty Renegade. We have never regretted that decision. It is spunky, fun to drive, and everyone asks about the lights on the roof. It stands out in a crowd. It is almost time to turn it in so we are going to start looking at colors and features early. My daughter liked it so much she traded her Grand Cherokee for a 2006 Liberty Limited. That has all the bells and whistles and is really very nice.

Lacking interior details
By Kathi on 10/28/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Jeep, first Liberty Ltd. Performance is great, poor gas mileage, but is good locally or on the highway. Better comfort in back seat than prior Jeep Cherokee Ltd. or Grand Cherokee Ltd.

Disappointed
By Sharon on 10/04/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Front the day purchased there has been a problem with a vibration in the front end, tires have been rotated, replaced - still vibrates. Brakes had to be replaced in first month. Still have vibration. It gets maybe 16mpg on any type roads, country or highway. I would trade it in in a heart beat but the value dropped so fast even the dealer won't take it back for what we owe. The interior is very limited, less than my PT Cruiser had.

Great value
By rakessler on 08/13/06 21:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep and my first SUV. It has been a pleasure to drive. I have only had one item that needed to be repaired and it was covered under warranty. The Liberty is a great highway cruiser, safe and steady, plus it can go off roading or up to the mountains without any chains or struggle.