1997 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Review: Jaguar XK-8 Coupe Saphire Blue

1997 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Review

XK8 Coupe (4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Jaguar XK-8 Coupe Saphire Blue
By Ben Leone on

1997 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Coupe

When critiquing a vehicle like this you must look at the unique elements of the piece. This piece is nothing less than STUNNING. I bought my Jag used. I LOVE it! The original owner paid 80K for it. I paid 14K. I did the valve cover gaskets and the top tensioners and that cost me 900 bucks. So far knock on wood, the car has been great! I would recommend this car to anyone. I am tired of looking at vettes and porsches, nothing personal of course. My car is one of 40 to come to the US in Sapphire Blue! Now that is rare, coupled with the fact that only 1129 coupes were made for America that year!

The sleek racy body style that is timeless and capturing. This car makes you feel like royalty. Treat yourself, but beware of folks with envy.

Re-design the timing chain and offer lifetime replacement at least once, for each unit out there that was designed WRONG in the first place.