2000 Infiniti QX4 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
Used Infiniti QX4 2000
By kg on 06/12/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it used with 109K miles in 2007. Overall a very fun car to have and drive, wonderful comfort, great sound system, great off-road. There is one very important limitation - bad fuel economy, about 12-16 MPG. Which means it is not for a lots of freeway driving, but rather for short commutes, small towns and off-road (which is excellent!) Some reliability issues - non specific, but after 100K miles, some small and not small parts tend to go out. Off-road as good as it gets. I drove on a very steep uphill, narrow winding mountain road with more than 6 inches of snow and ice, and it went right through it for miles until the snow got really thick (more than 10 inches).

Very Capable SUV
By Nate on 11/02/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle for 3 years. It is great to drive, has loads of cargo space, is luxioursly comfortable inside and has a dynamite Bose system. It is well insulated from road noise, drives crisply and rides well. If you can find a clean one, go for it. It has all the bells and whistles you would expect from a luxury SUV. I was looking for a 4Runner but found this sitting next to it. Wasn't that impressed with the Toyota, but fell in love with the QX4. It only had 7500 miles on it. Now has 35k.

None Better
By New England Driver on 10/05/05 20:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Bought used at 47K miles and now have 90K. Didn't know warranty went to 70K but never needed. Traded in a 2002 Odyssey for this QX4 and had a volvo wagon before that. No comparison. This truck is great on the highway, safe in the snow and good offroad (think skid plates and real 4wd). The important difference from the Pathfinder is the Nissan Skyline transmission and extras. Real gas milage is consistent 19MPG. Good trailer towing capacity.

Great Luxury Buy
By Brian Pfister on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is wonderful. It has everything, and is affordable. Could use a little more power, but not that bad. Better than what I expected. The comfort is great, and the Bose stereo is incredible. I highly recommned this vehicle.

This is the Most Enjoyable SUV to Have
By Baloo588 on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I have to honestly tell you, that I really Love my QX4 and it is very very dependable with no repairs so far and it so sturdy on the highways. I love to drive this SUV on the highways since the seats are comfortable and the car rides very smooth and is very easy to handle. The styling is unmistakably luxiurious as it was the first luxury suv and the build quality is fanastic. I highly recommend people to buy these QX4s as well as the all new Infiniti FX35, because these SUV have a great reliablity, fun-factors, styling, and a decent price for what they offer.

SHE IS MY BABY, I love my SUV
By cathy2 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my QX4,I have had no problems with it at all, I take it up to the snow,it runs great,I drive everywhere in it.It looks good and I feel good when I am in it.

I love my SUV
By Christine759 on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I really love my SUV, it is fun, the inside is beautiful, I love the space,takes up some gas but that is the price you pay for an SUV. If I had to trade it in I don't think I would.I am very happy with it,the ride is great, smooth,quiet,I LOVE IT.

Great Car but too slow
By Rollin0nJdubbs on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

My first car. I love it but I'm always lagging behind all my friends. Interior is very comfortable and upscale. Been in my family for three plus years and NEVER had to be taken in for service other than scheduled checks. Power was increased significantly for the 2001 model which is a pain. If it were faster it would be up there with the x5 in my book. Look forward to replacing it with G35 coupe or Fx35 (Qx4's replacement). Very reliable.

all u need
By hands on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

its has all the horns and bells u need standard at a good price

Solid SUV
By texastim on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I have has this car for nearly three years and NEVER had to take it in for warranty service. My wife was hit from behind on highway at high speed and the QX4 stood up pretty solid to the blow. My lease is up in 3 months and I might keep it or get a new QX4. This one is a little underpowered - the 2001 got the bigger engine upgrade. Uses a lot of gas but this vehicle is built rock solid.