An under the radar superstar!
By JDA on
2003 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
My unreliable E430 had to go; I wanted a reliable, fast, sedan, with a hint of luxury. I had a Maxima before the Mercedes, so I decided to try a "Luxury Maxima." Picked one up used/cheap, since they have been discontinued and are overshadowed by the G35, and have now had it 6 months. Nondescript exterior style does not draw attention to the powerful V-6 underneath. Seriously: people underestimate this car all the time - until you blow them away; the engine delivers power at all speeds. I have averaged 22 mpg in mixed driving. I have had two minor service issues, but both were covered under warranty - Roseville Infiniti has treated us well...so far: they know I want a G35 in 2008.
Favorite Features
Nondescript nature of the vehicle. Powerful V-6, steering wheel controls, understated interior. Paying $220 for a servicing that would have been $550 for my old Mercedes. I look forward to long trips - not as much as with the E430 - but that service bill and Nissan reliability balance that well.
Suggested Improvements
Ummmm, the fake wood: gauche. The turning radius...pretty darn bad, but I've adjusted. Also, the discontinued model factor lessens the re-sale value, but who cares, the initial 3 year depreciation has already hit; you can pick these up at bargain rates, and they will run well another 8-10 years.